I'm hearing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Rcbauer Augur

PoP at release
    You start with level 65 and 165 AA.
    Limited boxing
    Free Trade

Meh.
  2. Faydra Augur

I highly doubt the details have been finalized yet, but just to speculate, it would entirely depend on what is meant by limited boxing, as in relaxed or truebox.

I still think people would rather see a Kunark and/or Velious start over a PoP start either way.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

3 per comp is what I'm hearing. Sorry I should have been more clear.
  4. Ilshade Augur

your hearing wrong lol - that would reduce the money they make off these huge - no going to happen
  5. Faydra Augur

That is defined as relaxed truebox. Interesting concept, I'd probably play, although I'm not sure they would start us out at PoP as they would miss out on all the bag and consumable sales.
  6. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]
    Faydra likes this.
  7. brickz Augur

Vlahkmaak, Lineater, Jedis and 5 others like this.
  8. Faydra Augur

9. Rcbauer Augur

10. Ythera Augur

If your hearing isn't as sharp as it used to be, turning on the captioning will help you.
  11. wade_watts Augur

Hah - I remembered the same thing from the same guy being woefully incorrect last time he did this. I just started searching for it. Good find!

I'll reiterate my comment from the last time he posted this:

It could be legit - a bold new strategy to create a server that literally nobody was asking for.
    Jedis likes this.
  12. Mashef Augur

Highly unlikely its that rule set.

Free trade/relaxed truebox feel like a lock for a new server.

That being said.. spinning what you are saying...they have done it before on Mayong. I would be on board with something similar to Mayong server starting at level 51/50 AA restrict opening to classic-Luclin - require all content to get completed by the server to open POP followed by a more normal release schedule. This would still get them bag/pot sales.
    Faydra likes this.
  13. Faydra Augur

I had a good time on Mayong, would be fun as free trade w/ relaxed truebox. I just think starting in PoP is a mistake, Luclin seems more appropriate.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Anything other than a level 1 start seems highly unlikely.
    Faydra likes this.
  15. Appren Gnomercy

Indeed - while I personally would be happy to skip the whole low level thing, DBG knows that the majority of the TLP rerollers enjoy nothing better than the 1-50 (or 60) journey, fighting over spawns in Guk, getting lucky with loot rolls from frenzy, and the like.
    wade_watts and Faydra like this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

What's the strategy here? Put out false information each year, knowing you are wrong, hoping that you eventually make a right guess (clock is right 2x a day) ? Then, once you are right, double-down the next year about how you were right the last time and start the process all over again of being wrong until you are finally right?
  17. wade_watts Augur

Oh man, I'm excited just thinking about it
  18. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

No thanks! Hard to imagine this is true. Takes all the fun out of leveling a toon and getting to know people on a new server. Server would be an instant failure IMO. Only reason I could fathom they might do this, is because they want people to experience later stage content, but this isn't going to work. Somewhat faster unlocks might though.
  19. Delacroix Journeyman

LOL why would they start at 65 and 165 AA in PoP? What would you do for three months? Sing Kumbaya in the middle of POK?
    Lineater and Thewiz like this.
  20. Delacroix Journeyman

YEAH BABAY!!!! Best part of EQ is Guk!