Im a new Beserker

Discussion in 'Melee' started by ntellect, Oct 23, 2012.

1. ntellect Augur

I'm brand new to EQ, started about a month ago. I have a barbarian bezerker level 40 still in Crescent Reach. I believe I will be allowed to configure AA at level 50? I'm not hardcore into class builds but would like to understand where I can get information around what AAs do and which ones I should use or think about.

In my mind I want my beserker to be killer in DPS but not opposed to tanking, though have never done it formally.

Overall I am enjoying the level of configuration I have with my character and watching him become stronger with each level. I havent had this much fun in an MMO in ages :)
  2. Urthak New Member

if you want some helps in general, the website, goberserker.com...you can sign up, and the folks there are pretty helpful.
  3. Reikou New Member

Keep in mind that the berserker is a chain class, that being said even the berserker can only go so far when it comes to tanking content. You will never be as effective as a tank class of equal gear and aa. In fact you'll splat as fast as rangers do. Now this doesn't mean you can't tank, you can, but not nearly as effectively as the actual tank classes. You'll get hit harder, more often, and have less hp. I'd advise holding off on working on the tanking aspects of the class until all DPS options are exhausted. It's good to be able to take the hits for the time the mob turns around on you to smack you a few times, but don't expect to tank anything huge.
  4. Gamguren New Member

as mention visit goberserker.com is a very good write up on dps, also chat to the other zerkers on your server, who am sure will give you lots of advice.
  5. ntellect Augur

Thanks all

What is a 'chain' class?
  6. RekMMO Lorekeeper

There are four different types of armor in EQ. Silk, leather, chain, and plate. A chain class is any class that wears chainmail. Berserkers wear chainmail. Plate armor is ideal for tanking, but not available to us berserkers.
  7. Alchemically New Member