illusion/mount keyrings(?)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Hingabe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

I've been thinking about coming back to EQ a lot lately. I've really been curious about these keyrings.. if you use an illusion that doesn't support mounts, can you use that illusion, and be "mounted" with the mount hidden? Aspect of the brood, flying dragon illusion, for example?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

No.

Depending upon what you are trying to accomplish though, the system is more lenient now than before. Mounts and illusions have had their stat buffs decoupled (when they exist in the first place). So, you could have one (or more) beneficial buffs from illusions, drop the actual illusion icon without losing stats, and then summon the mount. Or, vice versa (illusion but no mount, without losing stats). Or, take the stat buffs from both the illusions and mount but not have either visible.

There are a select few that won't intermingle because they are on the same buff line (newest EoK expansion purchase mounts' buffs don't stack with the CotF pirate illusion buffs).
  3. Anhari Augur

Also, for most (if not all) of the progression servers, the key-rings don't exist. I know that mounts don't exist yet on Agnarr and won't until Luclin releases. I am not sure if the key ring will be available at that time or not.

The illusion key ring didn't come out until either EoK or the expansion just before that, so if they wait for that feature to open, then the illusion key ring will NEVER exist on Agnarr and won't come into existence on Rage/Phinney for a very long time.
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

Illusion Key Ring is active on Phinny.
  5. Anhari Augur

Did not know that since I don't play on Phinny. I did -u-me that since illusion key ring didn't come out until EoK or TBM that it wouldn't be available on the progression servers yet.