Iksar Warrior XP Loss

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyphen, Jan 3, 2021.

1. GNOME_POWER Augur

Someone seems to have gone up 2 levels in an instant.
    The opposite may have happened to you.

Or perhaps you was unconsciously acting in a way that reduced own experience...
  2. Lejaun Augur

Your first post literally said "My iksar warrior loses over 300% more xp per death." You are wrong. Each class/race loses the exact same amount of XP at the same levels.
  3. Xyphen Maximum Augur

And my last post, said...

Person A: The sky looks grey. Is the sky grey?
    Person B: Go outside and look, it should be blue.
    Person A: Yes, it seems the sky is blue.
    Person C (YOU): You're wrong, the sky is blue.
    Person A: You didn't hear me. I just said the sky was blue.
    Person C (YOU): No you're wrong. The sky is blue.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

Does that weather metaphor refer to the EQ world? Or is it about the weather in the country where you and I live?
  5. Lejaun Augur

Yes, and in other posts you talk about how you get critical deaths or lose twice as much experience during rezzes. But keep talking about the weather I guess.
  6. Lejaun Augur

7. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I'm glad the box of Crayolas sort of did the trick. Though I think you're a bit confused about the difference between first, other and last.

For others, and in reference to the double xp loss issue I had, you can reproduce it with some luck:
    1. AoN spam macro
    2. Divine Intervention
    3. Evac at low hp

Occasionally you will arrive at evac point with rez effects and no corpse. And that is how my IKS ended up with dramatically less xp than the rest of my raid with relatively equal # of rezzable corpses. I also reproduced it on my CLR last night in ST w/o DI while I was mashing the macro on my warrior.

It only takes 1 or 2 un-rezzed deaths to realize a 300% xp delta between one character and the rest of the raid.
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Are you implying there's a world outside of Norrath?
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

So basically you're dying while evac'ing and that causes you to lose your corpse? If its repeatable you should go post it in the bug forums.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I came here to posit a question to the community based off of observations, not convince everyone how unequivocally sure I am of every point. Then you come in mid-game insistent on rehashing the same point, derailing the thread from what I'm trying to determine: why my main tank is losing more xp than everyone else given relatively the same amount of deaths.

It's fine that you were 100% incorrect by asserting that it "Sounds like you aren't understanding the number of times you are dying and/or what % of rez you get.", wherein the actual issue has nothing to do with either.

But constantly asserting this, despite the thread being light-years beyond that concept at that point, is annoying at best. So the honest, best assumption I can make is that you either haven't read/comprehended the thread, or you don't know how the scientific method works.

I killed myself for science several times last night and here's what I found:

1. The background of my non-primary window is limited to 10 FPS. I have it hard-locked to this to run more accounts.
    2. An instant-cast spam method (5-6 lines of /useitem in a macro or I'm sure "other" ways) decreases that background FPS further (as low as 0-2)
    3. When a super-low FPS character in the background is evac'd at low HP, there is a chance that the server registers both a death and a successful evac. The result is returning to safety with no corpse, rez effects and full XP loss.
    4. DI is unrelated and it's only coincidental that my MT is an IKS.

So a pull goes bad, I tab to the Druid to hit Succor, the MT's window FPS drops to 0, and a corpse-less death occurs (sometimes). The end result of that is a main tank at 32% into 60, an off tank at 74% into 60, and the rest of the raid at 98% into 60, despite everyone being within 2-3 actual "You have been slain by..." deaths.

I'm not sure how DBG would even fix this since it's caused by lag and isn't an issue to the majority of people. Regardless, thanks to everyone that contributed/entertained.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Regardless, you should post your science in the bug forums, they may be able to come up with something creative. Or maybe you're boned, but at least the devs will be aware of it.
    Xyphen likes this.