Iksar Melee Travel on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Aug 14, 2016.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Just wondering what solutions/workarounds people use if playing Iksar MNK/WAR/SHD on Phinny.

I'm human from Freeport and really want to change to Iksar at some point, but like the convenience of a FP origin point. It's nice hitting origin and being a couple of zones from Commonlands where it's usually easy to get a port to wherever I need.

How do you guys get out of Cab to where you want to go without a long run?
  2. Ducreux Augur

Bind where you commonly go. Buy gate potions / ask for someone to duelkill you in cabilis.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Forgot about the old ranger gate method. :eek:
  4. Kutsuu Augur

Yeah I just have someone kill me in Cabilis most of the time and stay bound in EC. Can join taxi channel and get a pickup in EJ if nobody is in cabilis.
  5. MabbuPhinny Augur

I invest about a krono a month into just gate potions as an iksar war and stay bound in Commons. I can get a port to anywhere form commons within 60 seconds of asking in OOC for about 50-100pp.
  6. CaptainSkeet Augur

I play a human SK for exact same reason, origin to WFP. Planned that ehen I started on Phinny. Also box an iksar shaman, but didn't start that till after. A lot of good suggestions here, gate potions are great workaround (especially when you can make your own ). I am going to do a race change to iksar on my SK as well at some point, probably once Luclin drops since everyone basically moves to Nexus and bazaar. I would suggest staying human if you want to save on gate potions, or just do it and spend a little more or deal with getting ports. Ej usually not hard to find a pickup.
  7. Zapsos Augur

EJ and /taxi

or /duel straight from the bank
  8. Jerimeya Journeyman

Use Shadowrest. That is what I typically do.