If you like playing necro, dont just quit about the nerf. be counted!

Discussion in 'Casters' started by MyToon, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MyToon New Member

Personally, necro was always my favourite class in the past. Suited my play style and I dont feel the need to be top of the dps tree as long as I had a clear role on raids. The long term consistent dps on long encounters was our reason for a raid slot.

The new Deathbloom nerf seems to have taken that away and added downtime to being a necro. THe reason I chose to be a necro rather than the arguably more glamorous massive dmg of a wizard or beamkiting, superior pet of a mage.

Having lost 2 of my long term buddies playing necros from EQ since the nerf and finding it hard to get necros to bother to log in form raids it seems like a crisis to me. Rather than just quit, please post your disappointment.
  2. MyToon New Member

Dont delete! you never know. These things tend to go in cycles. You might come back in a few years to find necros are viable once more....
  3. fransisco Augur

necros are hardly unplayable. They just gotta med now like every other class. Big deal
  4. Vivamort Augur

No class is unplayable. So no class should complain or quit playing that class when a nerf make the game cease to be fun for them? Instead of finding something more fun, in EQ or out, they should still play the toon that is no longer fin for them? And btw, Deathbloom isn't the only nerf.

And medding is still part of the game? I have never seen anyone take a med break in a group I have been in the last couple of years unless they died. Seems a problem when 1 of the 2 classes that are supposed to be mana kings has to med when the other mana classes do not.

I am sorry to add nothing to this and just complaining about your post, but it isn't just your post. Others keep bring up that necros are still able to do X Y and Z No necro is saying we can't. We are not saying necros are unplayable. We are saying they are a lot less desirable then they were before in one situation, and unfortunately, it isn't a once in a while situation, it is a situation that is ubiquitous and what the game is based on, grouping.

If being a necro is so great, why isn't everyone a necro then? If being a necro is still fun to play, as this is a game and it should be fun, then why are some current necros not playing their necros? There is an issue, it would be nice if others could stop telling us to stop whining, and let us get on with our whining. At least there is rumor that there maybe a fix for the deathbloom issue being thought about by the Devs. So maybe the whining on this issue will stop soon.
  5. Rashari Elder

Okay, I think after 49+ pages consisting the Deathbloom Nerf, we all know about it.

But please, can you keep this discussion for your class specifically (in that case NECRO),
    without dragging wizards and again the beamkiting / pet thing of mages into it?
    Would be really appreciated.

Class Envy and trying to put other classes down - even with a side comment -
    doesn't help your own class at all.
    Time for people to understand that, seriously.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Camou the Persistent Augur

Many necros i play with dont complain at all, in fact they expected something like that. Every class gets now and then some minor balancing issues to live with. Nothing big at all, still Necros are insane DPS and mana problems i couldnt encounter at all when grouping with them.
  7. Necromonious Augur

I had a level 95 Gold account Necro that I cancelled the sub on (my gold account 95 mage too) after hearing about the nerf. I was hardly playing already, and the nerf just killed the remaining interest to log on. I never bothered to even test it, and I know people would say that's silly. But I read the entire 45ish pages of the thread about it. There was no one saying things were ok, like I heard quite a bit of when they nerfed the pet focuses. Most pet classes, even mages, were like "no big deal". But everyone is saying big deal for the DB nerf. So I cancelled two accounts over it :(
  8. Casidia Augur

I'm out of words for what's going on with these nerf "discussions", how can anyone quit a toon over this and glance towards other classes in jealousy.
    We should play this game together, these things either will not stay for long or if they do were justified class balance. It's just effing scary how serious some people take this, and you also never really liked your toon if you quit over a nerf just FYI.
    Venaki likes this.
  9. Venaki Elder

I still can't understand why there's a mass exodus of a mana class because the need to med a bit. Being a wizard I suffered a lot of nerfs those years, having a mediocre dps and watching how wonderful tools disappear nerf by nerf. And the only time I quit EQ was because all my friends left and my guild vanished. Don't leave because some of your mates say that this nerf is killing your class. If you want to fight for your class and demonstrate that you care about it, keep fighting. As Casidia said, nothing is forever (except manaburn), and soon you'll receive new tools to improve your character. Everything is rotative here, sometimes hurts some classes, sometimes strikes you. Just be patient, and leave the drama a bit apart.
    Beimeith likes this.
  10. Necromonious Augur

Decided to log in a playtest before sub expires. Necro can definitely OOM, have to hold certain spells for GoM procs to prevent this. Definitely slowed his DPS. But doing necro/mage 2box I can still kill incredibly efficiently with dps caster merc. Just sux to have to sacrifice the exp and upkeep. But it's not the end of the world by any means, I'll probably re-sub lol
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  11. Badname0553. Elder

The class isn't dead. But the mass exodus, if there is even one, is related to multiple things all added up. Again for those not paying attention.

• Pet focus nerf, on its own not that bad but still nerfed for no reason never addressed what it intended to.
    • Pet rune nerf, again did nothing to solve raid pet tanking and everyone had 10 year old spells nerfed.
    • Pet DA AA nerf, should have fixed the issue of outside buffs working the same on pet. Not destroyed the 5 year old ability.
    • Slot 3 aug, necro robe clicks, bard songs, enchanter aura nerf, 10-15K dps nerf for no reason other then years after the fact the bard song that does maybe 1% more then it should was fixed which in the process totally broke 3 other things one of which now supposedly wont be retuned.
    • Deathbloom nerf, again if this nerf was one of all mana abilities being nerfed then so be it. But to nerf deathbloom from a sustained class when the class simply can't dump mana only to leave the similar abilities in game for burst classes who can dump mana. Like someone posted if 3 mana dps classes all have 100K mana pool, all regen mana at the same rates and all use the same spell heavy mana spell sets for any fight 3 minutes or less then you don't randomly choose one to nerf and leave the other 2 alone.
    • Epic nerf, is coming soon.
    • The "trust me more is coming" design philosophy. To many people paying full price to get less and less is the straw. Especially those who have played at least the last few years for raids only to find that portion of the game being turned into everyone wins with 5 attempts and any skill set.
    Sorry but I don't blame anyone for leaving. Yes in 6 months or a years time this to shall pass but most of us are not willing to wait and certainly won't pay 1, 2, 3 or more subs for that time "hoping" common sense returns.
    Vivamort likes this.
  12. Vivamort Augur

If the class is no longer fun for the individual, by all means they should quit playing it. If there are no other classes that appeal to them, by all means they should stop paying SoE and quit the game.

It is a game after all, it is supposed to be fun.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Obyone New Member

Its not only the nerfs that made me decide to quit playing..(or raid).Its all the the stuff.The nerf was the nice and final push.
    The expansion i personaly think is crap.And they want me to pay 40 euro for it.Witch i personaly think is way too much for this.
    There was a huge page in beta forum about all these nerfs.No one of Soe realy replied to it.It was Shoved down our.. well behind.Now the rest of the nec community sees it and arguments flying over and still no reply.
    Personaly have no trust in how the things are going atm and wondering where the class will end.Soo i might as wel stop playing now..or not realy move forward and enjoy the memories of the good old times i had in eq.In stead of the new crap that is inc, and save myself 80 euro ( 2 accounts).
    I have a full year of subscription left on both accounts.Might as well do things i normaly dont do when i used my time to raid...Tradeskilling ..Hunter achievement in the old zones.
    And i have more time for my Ps3 .
  14. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

I'll be counted as to my discontent with the 10 minute timer, 7 minutes, ok, 6 ok, 10 too much in my opinion.

We are still very playable, but now it shifts back to grouping some, (group you say, in everquest 1, surely not). Considering that the LFG system is worthless now it's going to be a slower road to the solo, non raiding necro.
  15. Sinestra Augur

There are lots of reasons that have pushed people into finally wanting to quit and no one is interested in anyone else's opinion about whether or not it's worth it or if they like their class enough. You make decisions in your life and let everyone else make theirs.
  16. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

I like when people quit, I often catch them on the way out and sac the life right out of them. Lot's of EE's :)
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

It sucks, that's all to say. I haven't quit but I'm sure many wish I have. The reality of the nerf is ridiculous, it didn't hit the target in fact it wasn't even in range of the target. To cripple years of tuning and "balancing" and to change it all at once just sucks. Then to be rudely blown off by the people who make "choices" is also sad. Lack of content... Sad I guess if you release 3 days of content every 4 months it could last a year?

I will add if any necro quit raiding directly because of the death bloom nerf then they are just stubborn and ignorant. It has made no change to the class raiding with the exception if you die twice in 10 minutes.