If levels are going to 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Zoid New Member

Calling BS on this, unless you make @$3.25 an hour or its mostly automated and it only took @1hour of your actual time involved.
    Thrillho likes this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Heroics come with all the level appropriate gear and spells already. No need for PoK.
    Right now we are 85/105. It was 85/100 (I think) when Heroics were introduced.
    -R
    Treiln likes this.
  3. Treiln Augur

Increasing the level/gear set they get by 5 isn't going to help you.
    At 85, you're still gonna get smashed walking into a 90 zone.
    At 90, you're still gonna get smashed walking into a 95 zone.
    Much less tagging along in end content zones.

Although i am all for an increase in heroic levels. But that's a biased decision based on the fact I hate the 85-95 grind.
  4. Thrillho Augur

Heroics equivalent to HoT, introduced in CotF (I think?). Two expansions, VoA / RoF, in the middle.
    If we bring heroics up to an equivalent now (RoS), we would need TBM / EoK in the middle. So, TDS equivalent.

EoK was a large jump in AAs / gear, and one could argue a bump in heroics would need to be a bit more. TBM equivalent would be good, considering the gear changes that happened in TBM are still relevant (and I would assume would be relevant in RoS). Gear is already obsolete when creating a heroic toon; we wouldn't need to give them gear equivalent to TDS when it was made obsolete with the very next expansion. Giving gear out with TBM aug slots would give them a fighting chance with adding TBM / EoK / RoS augs.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

True, only saying that since PoK spells go to 90 already then moving Hero’s to 90 I’m down for. At 91, you need to leave PoK to get spells. Only looking at it putely from a standpoint of simplicity. I’d love it you could just station cash some lvls purely so I didnt have to grind another toon.

The couple toons I run as Boxes have basically full T2 eok gear waiting for them. Well a few items but for sure least t1 visables and such.

Im wondering how the 16-18th anniversary items will pan out at lvl 110. Will we get a new charm slot aug for type 7/8 or still have to grind out captin jack sparrow black pearls!?
  6. Moobak No slaughter without laughter

On the level formula did it change at some point? It used to be LVL * 1.5 round up. There wasn't a flat +1.

40 * 1.5 = 60

41 * 1.5 = 61.5 (so rounded up to 62)
  7. Febb Augur

The max level spread is 30 now.
  8. Beggly Augur

You know, they are only useless at the highest level. I have several L85 characters, and they are a boon to those of us who do not play at the highest levels. I usually use them for pharming plat and items from higher level zones. Sometimes I go for EXP, but for the most part, I really don't care about getting EXP. There are a variety of play styles. And the highest level is only one of them.
  9. Yirrara Journeyman

Bumping heroic level would mean that you'd also have to create new heroic content, or it would be kind of weird having quests for heroics that are far below the heroic levels ...
    svann likes this.
  10. segap Augur

There's no need for heroic content which is really nothing more than adding some augs as additional quest rewards to existing HoT progression. They could move the starting location to TBM which has mostly working scaling content (there's even scaling raids although I doubt anyone has ever tried them or seen if there's actually scaled raid loot) as well as scaling gear (it's flawed, but it already exists). Simply add a quest npc to port to the j5 quest npc. That would give them a solid foundation for heroic level bumps of 5 at a time for at least 4 future level cap expansions.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

I dunno, I decided to add a mage to my box set. In two weeks of VERY casual play, just having her tag along on the HAs I ran with my two lvl 105s, and often leaving her behind to raid/group in EoK with guild, I already got her 85-95. Should cap fairly soon. Now for a player who does not have support like that, it might be quite a bit tougher, but lets face it: if you have no one to help with 85-95, you will have no one to help 95-110, and it will be just as frustrating.