Idea for Agnarr and future era-locked servers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Montag Augur

Era-locked TLP starts off normally, must be subscribed to play. But all raid loot is prestige.

After it reaches the lock it becomes free-to-play but all raid loot is prestige so people still subscribe and because it's free to play more people are willing to come back and try it and end up subscribing.

Way more players to interact with. Server stays healthy.And because they don't technically HAVE to sub, people who leave come back more and after a bit end up subbing.

Even the minority of accounts that never sub add value because many will still spend on the daybreak store and their mere presence encourages others to keep playing and spending.

If people are bothered that old raid loot is now prestige just modify the prestige tag such that it doesn't apply to gear that is older than X number of expacs from where the player is now.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading! :)
  2. Xeris Augur

I approve this message.
    Montag likes this.
  3. Ydnam New Member

As a player who recently returned to Agnarr after several years away, I can get behind this.

My experience has been a mixed bag so far and I don't know if I will continue to play here. My interaction with other players has been 50% really nice folks and 50% rude folks. :(

I think servers like this would really benefit from returning players/fresh blood!