I would pay 10$ for.......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Sobmre Augur

What would you pay 10$ for ?

i Would pay 10$ for a Merc that is a bazaar trader and held "500" items and could always be up.or some sort of bazaar/trader make over.....
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Evertrek Augur

i would rather see them simplify the code and put the broker in our bank area and have all sales goto the parcel NPCs. as it is now running around in baz is silly and a waste of time, but i guess DBC makes money with the buy button as it stands. EQ2 has all the code and logic for a simple broker system.

we would have 3 double rows in the bank for storage, a small area for shared account wide storage, and add a double row for selling goods (still need trader satchels). we then can bank and sell all in one shot and when i buy something with the /baz tool, it goes to the parcel system. no more running around the bazaar, just use the /baz tool anywhere in PoK...
  3. Zaviere Augur

There's a few things I would pay (at least) $10 for...

Hero's Forge / Weapon Ornament Bandoleer-type system.

The ability to convert any weapon in the game into a one time use, container-type weapon ornament. Even if it was limited to old-era weapon models, I love variety when it comes to weapon ornaments.

More bank / shared bank slots.

Borderless windowed mode that doesn't require a third-party program.

Access to purchase that White Tiger mount that was offered as a limited SoE Live giveaway that one year. And I literally mean I'd pay money just for the RIGHT to buy it, on top of up to maybe $50 to get the actual mount itself (admittedly I'd pay even more, but that's because I'm a freak for anything white tiger related).

Some sort of tradeskill recipe master list or data output option that could be used to keep track of what recipes I do and do not have learned. I don't need it to tell me how to make each recipe, just the names would be great.

Vah Shir Druid as an available race/class combo.

...That's all I can come up with for now.
  4. Xarbokk Elder

Merc contracts using DBC!!! Seriously! Why are all unique mercs either preorder or LoN? I would love to be able to use my DBC to get new mercs for my alts that are always stuck with basic ones.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Actually, how about larger sized trader satchels in the marketplace?

I'm sure 20 slot satchels at $10 each would sell like hot cakes.Then make a premium 40 slot trader bag for $25.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm greedy. I never want to see anything more than 10 slot trader containers ever so I can continue to carry the items I have all the time and not have to worry as much about other traders snaring my business. The more slots, too much variety opens up for other sellers. It's bad for my business!! People have to pay for a second account for another 100 trader slots is just fine by me and a way better price for the player than your idea for a bag offer.

I'm not at all saying your idea is bad, I'm being Devil's Advocate here. I'm sure there's plenty of people like me that put a lot of effort in the game with in a game the bazaar can be. I want it to remain rewarding with not as much daily fussing over price because some under-cutter that is bad at business decides to kill the going rate price. (It kills me how people don't understand if you *MATCH* a price I get sales and you get sales. Everyone is happy).

Don't reward the bad behavior. You'll have items disappear because the cost is no longer rewarding enough to bother. I put things out at a more than fair rate that saves people time, I'm not one of the people bending over trade skillers to high heaven. If it's not a price I'd personally pay, I don't put it out. Just so you know before people claim the contrary because that's what happens around here.
  7. smash Augur

So you saying that everyone should have same price, more less.

Well I wanna get my stuff sold, and if I just use your price, there 50% that they will buy from you instead of me, so I have to dump price a bit compared to you.

I would likely put my item at 75% of yours which ensures they do buy from me, I wanna put items for sale and get them sold asap, so I can then put new stuff up for sale. That is especially true for lore items, since might have 2-3 of same just waiting to be sold.

Having items waiting for being sold gives me no money.

When all this said, its a long time since I have sold items in bazaar.
  8. Wizlard Augur

This cracked me up. I cannot remember the last time I bought ANYTHING, where a 1% price difference didn't ensure I would be paying the cheaper price.
  9. smash Augur

Thing is, if you are considering buying an item, and have not decided yet. and you see there 2-3 more suppliers of an item, and its the same price, and 1 supplier with tiny discount you will know that with 99% certainty can still get the item for that price in 5 days or 10 days from now, you can then easily afford to wait, maybe to wait a bit to see if 1 of the 2 others might lower their price to match the lower price.

But if there is 2 suppliers with high Price, and 1 with 25% lower price, I would buy there at once.

And who knows maybe 1 of the 2 other suppliers might buy my item to keep the price up. I would get my first item sold, and I might be able to put the same type up again for sale, instead of having it on a char, where it does nothing, beside taking a slot.

And I get my task fullfilled, which was to sell my item, I really dont care if 1 of the 2 other suppliers buy my item, to keep their price up.

Beside, you forgot a by product of the whole, which is that people see my prices are lower than others, and people more likely to see what items I have and buy those, even if the price on other items are the same as what other people are selling them for.

And there is not much to spend money on today, the type 3 augs, and use of merc, I dont see much else. So money will just keep stacking up, today money is just a way to see, am I successfull, meaning, do I have more money at the end of the day, than I had a the morning.
  10. Wayylon Augur

I never buy from the 1% undercutters. If you're going to undercut don't be so cheap.
    Chatoyan and Lily like this.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This.

Now back to the original question...
    What would i spend SC on, perhaps even buy it?
    • Bazaar merc or simpler system as mentioned above, that allows me to have stuff up for sale while XPing.
    • a "door to nowhere" for use on house plots, not just guild plots. And that allows at least co-owners (or fellowship etc) to use it.
    • Tradeskill-NPCs (vendors) that carry stuff that is carried by the vendors in PoK, so i can finally TS in the GGH or my house eventually even) without frequent travels to PoK simply because i did run of some template or whatever.
      Alternatively:
      "blank" placeable "vendors", that i can give a proper name and fill with stuff, much like the guild bank.
    • guild hall accessories being placeable in private homes
    • certain ornaments, but only type20
    • Some items that originally came with the so-called "collector's edition" of expansions.
    And when speaking about buying ornaments, i'd wish that the people that do the shield augments would get a grip on the orientation - most are 90degrees off, showing the "proper" shield orientation only when the character-model is in the resting state.
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

Not sure about 10 bucks, I would pay $200 to bring back Vanguard though.
    Wayylon likes this.
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

House slippers. Because barefoot can be chilly until the fire is lit and I do not want to track the blood of my enemies/victims through my house.
  14. smash Augur

Not sure I would pay 10 bucks for anything, but might pay more for a container with 10 clicks on that can make items heirloom.

Now before the screams start, which they likely should then there following things for it.

As soon, you got 1 item that is that kind of heirloom, then you also block your account from having characters moved to and from it.
    Also, the items that can get the heirloom mark has to be 2 generations old, meaning, you cannot mark items from present expansion.

To remove the heirloom, so you can transfer chars Again, you also put it into the container and click, it does NOT take a charge for that.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I already pay for the game, all those suggestions should be included in that deal. The basic subscription fee should be enough imho.

As paying costumers we are actually entitled to a lot!
    We deserve it! We already pay for it!
    asfasfasfasf likes this.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I completely agree! We demand more costumes Daybreak! #CostumersUnited

Wait...what are we talking about?
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I actually don't care what specifics we are talking about. :p Im against the concept of an RMT marketplace in the first place, Im fine with a monthly subscription and im fine with paying for expansions, but the marketplace idea is just tasteless greed.
    Everything in the marketplace should be obtainable through normal gameplay imo(at least for gold-subscriptions, just make it prestige).
  18. smash Augur

Do not agree, at least not on the fluffy stuff, which does not make your more powerfull.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I am all for fluffy if it keeps EQ in development. It is not my concern what other people choose to spend their money on.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I suspect the reason why we don't get "fluffy" quest rewards anymore, is because of the marketplace.
    How come completing every quest in Faydark won't net me a half-elf crate, but paying real money do?

If DBG wants more money, they could make better expansions or improve EQ to the point where they gain new subscribers...
    asfasfasfasf likes this.