I wonder if it's the code that...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EqEqEq, May 20, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

/armchaircoder on
    Whatever the code they put in to put people down to lvl 50 when they betabuffed is the issue, or it's some how pulling beta data from characters that beta buffed. So if there was a betabuffed toon named Legolas on beta if you made that name on Live it goes to 50.
  2. Chips Elder

I had heard someone post that might be the issue, but not sure if anyone confirmed it. (Names)
  3. Njall Journeyman

We didn't have these issues during beta. Separate login server, separate DB. I'll bet a trillion dollars something got jacked in the oracle DB when they set up the tables. From what I've seen its only Tunare half-elves getting the 50's...
  4. EqEqEq Elder

Well whoever wrote that code they need to wake up and/or rehire :)
  5. Almir Elder

Lots of those, but this last time I did see at least 3 wood elfs.
  6. Vaclav Augur

At least one guildee quoted making a gnome and logging in as a L50 in Kelethin (I presume WE because of that but didn't /who him).
  7. taliefer Augur

do they use Oracle? that explains it, that system is such a PoS
    MBear likes this.
  8. EqEqEq Elder

hmm thought it was MS SQL, but idk
  9. Torvius Journeyman

30 seconds before world came down, was 2 HE's , 1 WE druids and 1 HUMAN monk
  10. Silv Augur

There were lots of Warriors as well - most were Half Elf / Wood Elf from what I saw.
  11. Elyani Augur

I highly doubt this to be the case. Two of the three chars I made were instantly level 50 and I doubt anyone used those names during beta. One was a Woodelf Bard the other was a Human Monk. The Dark Elf Cleric was golden, a naked level 1.

And it doesn't explain why there were level 1 characters with level 85 gear, either. There would have been no level 85 gear with the beta buff, especially not on a level 1 character.
  12. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

its an issue with instanced zones that is hard coded for heroic adventure chars..it wasnt noticed till now
  13. EqEqEq Elder

Would have to look, but I think the pic posted was a lvl 1 bard WE with all his spells. From what Holly said the script didn't run all the way thru so they didn't get plat. So maybe it's running partially and sometimes they just get spells and doesn't reach the part where it lvls them to 50. It could be dependant on how fast they log into the world.
  14. UnnamedPlayer Elder

It's just a guess, but it could be doing some type of optimization or unsafe variable/memory sharing that only becomes a problem if it's being executed very quickly over a short period of time (ie many people are creating characters at the same time).

Since it only appears to show itself with the heroic character code, someone probably did some type of optimization that looks 'right' and smart in the heroic character code, that diverted from the style of original code, which made it unsafe.
  15. EqEqEq Elder

Ahh ok Arkadius. That's the other new variable in the mix; load balancing. In beta I never had the change to see a zone hit enough load to make another instance , so I bet this wasn't tested fully.
  16. Almir Elder

This is an official diagnosis or just a guess from you?
  17. Elkay Augur

I don't think it's isolated to any specific class or race. With the somewhat randomness of it, looks like a race condition with some buggy scripts. Sometimes a script gets further than another time it executes before crashing. Race conditions are always the most difficult to diagnose.
  18. EqEqEq Elder

Where they all lvl 85 toons booted down to 50?
  19. Jadefox Augur

I think they accidentally left the Konami code in...

--Jade