I wanted to suggest a few things that might make life

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Beggly Augur

a little more livable in EQ.

1) Adding some way to delete options from the "copy character layout" option. I have a heck of a lot of characters scattered over a lot of servers, and finding the particular character I want to copy from (for purposes of character version similarity or server rules) is sometimes a bit of a bother. For instance, a shaman on live servers vs a shaman on progression servers needs a different layout, and a melee only needs a different layout from a pet using caster. Certainly different hotkeys are obviously needed.

Further, when a character is deleted, adding the option to delete them from the list might be nice.

2) Adding the ability to make colored quivers, medicine bags, and other tradeskill containers might be nice. I would love to be able to have blue quivers or yellow medicine bags. How hard would it be to add a color option to existing bags, like Rallic Packs and such? That would be nifty.

3) Streamlining the process for doing a "find" such that you could add a search option, for instance, "find poison vendor", rather than just selecting from the list. In some zones, like Freeport, many of the vendors simply have a name and no style designation. Alternatively, adding a style designation to all vendors, for instance "Lykos (Satchel Vendor)" or "Lykos (General Merchandise Vendor)" would be very acceptable.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I think if you go to your Everquest folder and look for the UI_[charname]_[server] files that are type configuration settings.....you can delete what you're looking for there? I just tested it with a layout I don't care about and it worked.