i signed up for 6 months eq before opening the next expansion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Jun 12, 2015.

1. nostalgia Lorekeeper

Hi i voted for 6 months of eq without expansions i have 6 active accounts don t always play them at the same time,i have a full time job so most are in high lvl 20 and low 30,if the next expansion opens early i will never be able to keep up with lvl and doing all the quests prepping for the epics etc so that s why i voted for 6 months.
    Every time i log on there are a lot of people in my lvl range who have full time jobs and play eq for fun so please don t dissapoint us and open up the next expansion earlier.
    arwilly, Xanadas, Freki and 1 other person like this.
  2. Eqplayer1999 Elder

you and the majority of us voted for the same reason
    Fallfyres, arwilly and Xanadas like this.
  3. Freki Augur

I didn't vote, I have one account, but I'm having a very very VERY good time playing and enjoying the game. I stand with you on the minimum 6 months. maybe more dependent upon the vote :)
  4. Tarrin Augur

The idea that if you have a full time job you can't level up fast is sorta annoying at this point.
  5. Eqplayer1999 Elder

its not just having i job, its having a family and life outside of a job....then on your free time being able to enjoy a game you like/love. not having to rush and make it feel like its a job to play to stay current
  6. vardune Augur

We voted for 6 months and i hope they dont change that because of the raid content issue. The only way to fix raid content is to load balance all of it so it spawns pickzones.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

Daybreak immediately took the results of the poll and stated they would honor it for now but reconsider later. The time to object to that was then, not now.

Furthermore, they are extremely unlike to just open it up, they will likely run another poll. If they do, and people vote to open it, then clearly either the majority changed their mind, or the initial vote was tainted by Live-uninterested-in-TLP players and the new vote corrects it.
  8. Glistarian Augur

"Honor it for now" makes no sense.

If they open it up after 3 months, they didn't "honor 6 months for now", they just misled people for 3 months.
  9. Freki Augur

honestly, if DBGs looks at it and says it's time i'll vote just like everyone else. I "work" (school). i can level if i want.... but i choose to enjoy the game :)
  10. Tarrin Augur

That's fine. Just don't demonize people that have a hobby they put more time in to than you.

I am honestly tired of the " man, i'd be 50 if I didn't have a job! and a life! or a family!" This implies people at 50 lack these things.

i know many many people at 50 with a wife/husband. kids. job. and guess what?! we still have fun outside of EQ!

EverQuest is a 16+ year old game. The age range of the average TLP player at this point isn't your high school kid. I know this is weird...but most of us at lvl 50 have jobs.

You have time commitments more important than EQ? There is no fault in that. People shouldn't be demonized, though, because EverQuest is a hobby they put more hours into it than you.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  11. Tarrin Augur

If they change or keep something based on a poll limited to Ragefire/Lockjaw only..I have no issue with it at all.
  12. Tarrin Augur

Implying that people who do have a job/go to school and level don't enjoy the game.
  13. Eqplayer1999 Elder

were in my comments did i Demonize anything, i just stated why i would like it to stay 6 months
  14. Tarrin Augur

Whenever someone says:
    "I'd be 50, but I have a job and family"
    "I'd level up like you, too, but I am enjoying content"
    "I'd be 50, but I have a life outside of EverQuest"
    "I'd be 50, but I am doing quests and stuff instead"
  15. Freki Augur

if that is demonizing then the world demonizes itself people use that type of statement to talk about why they are not where they perceive others think they should be. oh and you did exactly what you said you do not like in your own response. "Implying that people who do have a job/go to school and level don't enjoy the game." and "If they change or keep something based on a poll limited to Ragefire/Lockjaw only..I have no issue with it at all." oh btw let me re-word that last one to show you why. "I would accept a poll if it was limited to Ragefire/Lockjaw, but since others were consulted it's worthless"

sure the last is changing your statement but it is how *I* read your statements here and in the other thread. every time I see the I'd trust the poll, or accept the poll if it was done NOW after people moved. that's how i read it, in a very condescending way.
  16. Deadlyne Elder

I didn't see any demonizing going on. Looks to me like you are being overly sensitive on the issue.
  17. Tarrin Augur

I am 100% fine with that statement in the context of what we are talking about. If a poll was done serverwide *right now* concerning the fate of Ragefire/Lockjaw (as to rule set changes, kunark release, etc), I would find that poll basically worthless.

How is it condescending to think that the people who play on the TLP server when polled would give a more accurate view of the TLP community than polling people on all standard servers also?
  18. Freki Augur

Tarrin please tell me how they are to know who will go to a server before they even announce the server rules? I wouldn't just jump to a new server just because. there has to be a reason. so either they must 1) involve EVERYONE that MIGHT go or 2) make the decision themselves and force the players to accept server rules.

here is a poll i would love to see on ragefire. "Would you have come to ragefire if the players had no vote as to how the server would set up?" i would think that most of the players that are on ragefire would say no. one of the draws for me was the fact that people said they wanted it to be X. not hey X is how it will be now play and suck it up. I would not have come back for that.
  19. Tarrin Augur

What is wrong with a poll asking the playerbase on Ragefire/Lockjaw *now* what they want? Are you worried your personal opinion might not agree with the majority of the playerbase?

Are we saying the majority rules as long as it agrees with Freki?

All I am doing is pointing out the original poll, while using the only system really available at the time, may not accurately portray the TLP Community's desires..which was the whole point of the poll.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

When we point out that Live-Not-Interested-in-TLP players might have tainted the first poll, they scoff at it on the basis of we can't prove it, which we can't, even though it's a perfectly plausible theory.

But imagine if they poll again and Kunark wins? What are they going to say now? That it was tainted by people who have been in Kunark for 3 months already and their view of it is biased?

I'd think they should turn to their fellow players and ask why, as clearly it would indicate people have changed their minds, or that Live players truly did affect the vote.