I REALLY need help.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jael, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Jael New Member

After several tickets with Daybreak, my problem can not be solved and the last instruction they gave me is: uninstall EQ and reinstall. Ok I tried and I can't uninstall EQ: I get an error and it says contact Daybreak. My original problem is that I downloaded EQ onto a new computer and all my menus, windows, typeface was teeny, weeny. I finally got the chat to get bigger by changing the font but could not affect any of the other stuff. Daybreak had me try various modes and nothing worked. Logged in tonight to try to play with it and half my menus missing, and all my AA's. I would be happy to reinstall it if I could uninstall it. Can anyone give me any advice to uninstall or fix the original problem? I would be ever so grateful and ports for life! (that is if, you are on my server Tunare, and if I ever get to play again.) Jaelithian Fyreheyre, 105th season Wizard.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

EQ does not have a normal uninstall. Just delete the complete folder and then download it again.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you still have access to the old computer then you can copy your char ini files or even the whole EQ game to a zip stick and then load it on new machine. That way you keep all your layouts. I don't think this is really an issue with your install but it is with your display settings and/or you computer graphic settings. I have had the same issue when switching computers. One one I copied the UI in options, another I did the zip stick and one I manually went thru and reset everything from the settings in the game launcher all the way thru to the chat. I am on Tunare so I can cancel my wizz and get free ports from you? Excellent!
  4. Jael New Member

LOL Thank you for the advice....will try anything now. :p
  5. Jael New Member

Thank you for the info. Will try anything now..heh.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just wondering what your screen resolution is set to.

If you are running a 4k display reinstalling eq may will not do anything. If you use a 4k display setting then you can make your hotbar buttons larger but the text wont get larger. You can make your chat windows larger and the font in the reading portion of the pane larger but that will not affect the typing portion of the message pane/window. Short of changing your resolution or finding a custom UI that handles 4k displays you really can't do anything.

Also with Everquest it isn't really necessary to use the uninstall in program control you could just delete the Everquest directory as far as I know.