I need help!! I literally dont know what to do im crying.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sctt033, May 9, 2015.

1. Sctt033 Elder

well its not that serious but I definitely cant decide what class I want to make!!! I dont want anything overplayed like a mage/druid/monk etc, what is a class thats gonna get me in groups quick? I was thinking cleric but a lot of people saying clerics end up being so overplayed, I was thinking enchanter but every one says enchanters will be boxed by a lot of people.

My last thing is either a tank like class or a bard.

Any suggestions!!!
  2. Invictvs Augur

Ranger. Everyone needs someone to take the DT.
  3. Sctt033 Elder

im being serious here :( lol
  4. Darth Augur

All classes will be taken in groups after the initial rush to 50, which people will want Mages etc for quicker killing.

The classes that will get asked to groups most often and not be super dense are Warrior, Paladin, and Shadow Knight. Maybe a good Ranger that uses taunt.

EDIT: Unless you plan to be a guild's Main Tank seriously consider paladin and Shadow Knight over Warrior, you won't have a great time in group level content as a warrior.
  5. kain200 Augur

When you make a topic with a title that announces that you are crying over a decision in everquest...expect humorous replies to follow.

That said...

shamans, enchanters, clerics, paladins, SKs will all be good groupable classes
  6. Invictvs Augur

SHM or BRD when in doubt.
  7. Silv Augur

I think what you really need to consider is the *long* haul. Some classes are OP at launch. Some are underpowered. Some remain relatively balanced through the life of EQ. If you are only looking at the first 6 months but plan to play on this server for years... you may be sorely disappointed when expansion XYZ rolls around and suddenly find yourself out on the street. Sometimes a lil pain in the beginning is worth it.

I'm not sure why people think Enchanters will be boxed by a lot... oh wait, now I remember. They will be selling Clarity and KEI as if that was the only thing they were good for :rolleyes: Those people put shame to the class. If you actually *play* the class and have an ounce of skill, you'll get groups np. Forever. You'll actually wind up on a lot of /friends lists if you're good. If you are garbage, you'll be solo for most of your life. Most Enchanters are jerks though and you can only afford to be one if you're good at the class. Solo-wise you'll hit a cliff midway through but like I said, you can get groups easily. The class has always been overpowered and even with the numerous nerfs over the years, it hasn't slowed down the class much at all. The people claiming they will just "box" Enchanters and be successful in content are delusional.

Shaman are probably one of the few classes that remained relatively balanced and over time have become overpowered - but not enough to bring down the nerf hammer. This would be a solid class to select IMO.

Bards are also a great long-haul safe choice provided /melody is available on TLP. I haven't done TLP before so I don't know if this was disabled until a certain point. If it is... I feel bad for anyone playing a Bard.

Clerics are pretty boring until CH is phased out IMO. Yes, there will also be a ton of them, but you needed a ton. Over time, the amount required decreased but also, a lot of people will quit. Again, can you stand playing the class long enough to make it worth it?

Druid is probably a horrible choice. Your early advantage is going to nosedive fast and will never recover. It's a good match up for some duos if you're boxing for example but if you're only playing Druid I think you'll wind up disappointed. You said you didn't really want to play one anyway though.

If you go tank, SK is probably your best bet. Another class which has survived the test of time from start to present.

Of course, I'll still be cliche and say select the class that is the most fun to you.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

Shaman or Chanter. Chanters hit some problems after a few expansions, but are absolutely godlike in the first 4. Shamans have always been good, and are on the overpowered side in Kunark, and Velious.

Chanter is unlike anything in any other MMO, and it's probably going to be my go to character for prog server. Playing a chanter in classic is really really really fun, and makes the difference in most cases between wiping and living.

If you want to be on your toes at all times, play a chanter, if you want to sit on your butt and be kind of lazy, be a shaman.
  9. Sctt033 Elder

Thanks for the info guys so its down to sk or chanter ill prolly go sk im leaning more towards it due to the shortage of tanks or should i go chanter and raise money up for a sk?
  10. Deadlyne Elder

LoL at being lazy as shaman. I have never played a class where I literally had to push buttons the entire time I played and I was an enchanter on TZ for a couple years. People in the group/raid expect the shaman to buff everyone, heal everyone, slow every mob, possibly malo every mob, possibly tank or CC the adds, cannibalize in between every spell the whole time because nobody is going to stop pulling if you have 40% health and 5% mana. You wanna play lazy, be a cleric, all they expect you to do is heal and buff and if you are low on health/mana they will wait.
    Phrovo1, Silv and MBear like this.
  11. Silv Augur

Truth.