I keep trying to come back..

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Deavirtus, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

But the soloing/moloing just kills my passion for the game and I just don't find boxing fun for more then an afternoon or so. My preferred play style is support, cleric, shaman, enchanter or bard are my favorite brands of time killers. I'm looking for that person or three to explore and adventure with, people who aren't as concerned with the destination but more interested in the journey. I'm fine with using mercs to fill out a group or rolling on a quiet server. I tend to be online pretty often usually from about 8p pst til midnight and random times through out the day. I know the game has changed but I want those old groups where medding really meant you talked and a group wipe was almost as much fun as that rare drop.

I'm am not against raiding, but I don't want that to be the goal I rush to. (If that makes sense) I've not experienced anything of the game since TSS (And not much of it past OoW) and don't want it all to be a blur. If there is anyone there who would be interested in joining me send me a message or post here. Tell me what server!

I will warn you, I am an avid (read compulsive tradeskiller) so will most likely have an alt or three to max out on tradeskills in quieter times.

See you in game I hope!
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

See, this is how to do it!

One recommendation I'd make is that if you play every day, you don't need to find a static group that plays every day, you can find different groups for different days. Don't forget to schedule time off for your tradeskilling.

The most fun I have is with my regularly scheduled static groups.

Anyway, post your specific level/class/server.
  3. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

I'm not picky at all about the server, I'll start on any server. I am a gold account so the TPL's are open as well. I figure the hard part of EQ now isn't the leveling it's finding people scattered over different servers that have the same goal of not having a goal :D
    Any of those four classes work for me (Or all of them if I find enough willing vic... erm groupmates)
    I do have a 50 shaman on bristlebane that I am enjoying still and a cleric near 50 on fippy though I most likely have some 50s scattered over servers (that seems to be around where I get fed up moloing/boxing)
    Basically, I am more concerned with finding that group of people then where to play with said group.
  4. Bryan Augur

Come to Povar and I'll powerlevel you to 70 in a couple hours.

KIDDING! Yeah I read your whole post. I have actually seen a good number of lower level players who are obviously (by their play style) newish or returning. So Povar could be a good home.

I think your best bet is to create characters on different servers and just utilize /who all. Do searches for different level ranges like /who all 21 30, /who all 31 40 and send some tells to folks to get a feel for things then decide on a home.

Take the extra time at the onset to find a good home, and hopefully your journey will be a better one.

Best of luck
  5. EmeraldOne New Member

As a brand new player I'd love to get in on this, but I'm afraid timing would conflict greatly as I'm in EST, and 8PM - 12 Midnight PST are a 100% no go for me gaming wise.
  6. Cordilya Elder

Another idea would be to join a guild, wouldn't it?
  7. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Yay! I've found a few people to join with me on Bristlebane server. Seems like it's a good server for me as well I like a lot of the general chat people so far!

As for joining a guild, I've not had luck with joining one without feeling pressured to race ahead to the higher levels for groupage. It always feels like I am being carried along so I figure I'd try it this way and then maybe the group of us could find a guild we fit into.

Still have room for a bit more, Tkelah the shaman is 51 and Melisandria the cleric is I think 2 if anyone else wants to join, (I play WAY too much for any sane person)
  8. Bemaden New Member

i would be willing to join aswell i tend to like play caster but am comfortable with any dps class
  9. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Of course! Feel free to send Tkelah or Melisandria a /tell (Or mail lol if I am afk in the baz trying to make spell and tradeskill money!)

As long as you don't mind a merc tank that is, so far haven't found one of those.

Emeraldone, if you are on Bristlebane feel free to add me to your friends list. While my evening time is the kids free chunk of time if you aren't scared of random afks and I am on I usually will join someone!
  10. Wanderwulf New Member

I think the game is really hard for a new player or returning player right now. It's understandable the game has been out forever now. Sure there are guilds but most of them are just really high level people doing really high level stuff. I'm on Tunare right now and it's really hard to find people to group with I'm only level 15. I may transfer to Vox since a number of people have said that has the most lower level people. I always thought Sony could have came up with a better looking for group system after all these years especially one that adapts to a game with hundreds of zones. I think there is potential for lower level groups but like someone else said it's impossible for the players to find each other.
  11. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

If you don't transfer to Vox, Wanderwulf feel free to come to Bristlebane and join us. Melisandria is now 15 and has a necro friend. Tkelah is holding at 51. I'm going to start a fellowship so the group can keep in touch better and hopefully it will balance out those that have more playtime with those that have less. We are still in the gathering together stages really if we get to large for a fellowship we will find some guild to invade! :D

I really enjoy the Bristlebane server, the general chat is very helpful and seems to be relatively troll free.

Just a quick edit:
    If there is anyone who really wants to tank we would love to have you!
  12. EmeraldOne New Member

I just so happen to be said Necro friend. :cool: Come on down to Bristlebane, one and all, the water (and fellowship) is fine!
  13. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

*grins* I guess that means you aren't scared of AFKs!
  14. Malachi Augur

Ya it's a shame after all these years the best they did to "better" the grouping system was add ai to fight for you and a poor poor tweak to the lfg that people stopped using nine years ago.