I just want to thank DarkPaw.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Herf Augur

The Anniversary Tower in NRO, and the monthly collection quests, available on TLPs and being able to be done by lower lvl toons than max lvl, are fantastic. It's a really appreciated gift for those of us who pay for our play on TLPs and it lasts the whole year.

This kind of stuff aimed at lower lvls is a refreshing departure. Thanks again.
  2. Jedis Arch Mage

Agreed. Thank you!
    Herf likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

100% agree.

DPG has been (perhaps rightfully so) getting beaten up as late. Some thanks are in order.

Thank you!
    Herf likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am actually glad the first floor is such an easy one (though I hope the other floors will be more involved). A friend who hasn't been able to play for a while due to work and other RL stuff was able to log on a little bit tonight. I suggested the Tower as he hadn't seen it yet. With is 121 druid and my 124 bard, we easily got him the key and then took on the tower and it was just the taste of gaming with a little accomplishment (i.e. the rewards) that he needed to lift a bit of his mood. He didn't have time to do anything more, so it was just perfect.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

It is not possible to do it with lvl 75 and lower level toons because of the nasty ~30k death touches which is very dissapointing. Level 85 is practically the minimum level I think. Seems like Daybreak is trying to sell more heroic toons with those events. :rolleyes:
  6. NatazzEvoli Elder

I've enjoyed the past couple of months. NOICE job DPG (and ty for the recent throwdown of the banhammer too)!
  7. Herf Augur

It must be different on higher lvl servers. The tower quests are I think intended to be 1 groupable.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please set aside the conspiracy theories, it's been noted as a bug. I expect the February patch to fix it.

Hanlon's razor: "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity."

Although I would not use the word "stupidity" but just human error due to too few developers trying to do too much at once.
    Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Good to know that it is just a bug ;). Honi soit qui mal y pense. Thx for the info Fanra.
  10. Bilderov Augur

Without sounding like a scratched record - how does something like this ever get to live? Is there no testing done across the various level checkpoints?

However, as someone who has criticised DBG recently for the way they expect everyone to be part of a group / complete progression etc. I am thankful that the Anniversary Tower looks to be something I can do in era and with my boxes in my own time.
  11. Valcron Elder

Is the Feb tower floor out yet?
  12. Muramx Augur

I can solo the key and the first room in about 15 mins with a 125 mage and not even pay attention. at 65 you have to use someone with DA run up get agro and hit DA while everyone else sticks to a corner on the other side to avoid the AoE. It will end up killing itself.
  13. Gialana Augur

No. It won't be until the monthly patch in a couple weeks.