I Drank the Warrior Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daarmok, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Repthor Augur

As a tank you need to just accept that you need the latest and greatest in gear so you need eok expansion
  2. Daarmok New Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I bought EoK and it has been great. The Warrior has over 14k AAs now and has all T-2 armor. I am working on the non-vis on him and then the rest of the crew. I have been spending a considerable (borderline exclusive) amount of time in Chardok and its been a learning experience. Once the Warrior got the shield from the Bridgekeeper, (as well as Wurmslayer, AAs and T-2 armor), things got a lot easier. There is no doubt that I learned more about each defensive AA and which stacks with each other after the many, many failed attempts to take down the Bridgekeeper with his crazy amount of hitpoints. However, now I look forward to those encounters and he, as well as the other named, have taught me more about each class as well as equipping most of the crew with their drops. (thank you GamParse)

Due to the change to Bezerkers, I replaced him with my Mage, since CotH makes navigating through Chardok so much easier. The current group is War/Shm/Mag/Brd with healer and wizard merc, and can kill trash mobs in under 40 seconds. I still break out the Zerk on occasions to loot drops and yes his DPS is better than the mage. I found that the wizard merc DPS is better than the rouge merc, even with Roar active. (yes, both set on Burn).

My only question is that once I am satisfied with Chardok, where is the next zone that will pose a challenge? Again, I do not raid and am only interested in group content.
  3. Brohg Augur

The other tier2 zones are Droga and Kor-Sha Laboratory

If your tank is equipped, probably time to tackle the expansion's progression. Start in Lceanium, do each zone's Partisan tasks
  4. Filter Augur

Ok I've not been playing my war much the past few years but I use him to tank progression in TBM for zerker. The last time I checked, which again was a years ago, hAgi was the way to go and hDex was demoted from top heroic for wars. I used to raid but haven't in a few years so I guess that was taking into account raiding but my frame of reference is still raid based. Please enlighten me!
  5. p2aa Augur

If you are going to use your war to do group content only, HDex is the way to go. 2 avoidances check that work better on group mobs who have lower heroic strikethrough numbers versus 1 avoidance check for HAgi and miss increase %, but HDex improves your DPS and will make you kill faster mobs in group content than HAgi.