I am SO lost right now!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drusi_AB, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Drusi_AB New Member

I really could use some advice! I have a level 51 monk and a few other miscellaneous lower level characters on Luclin and it's been months since I last played, and since servers were down in EQ2 today for expansion, I figured it would be a great time to finally get back into EQ1 and sort out my characters so I can start playing more again.

Well I'm lost. I've been trying to sort through the stuff in my inventory and bank and have no idea why I'm keeping stuff. There are a couple quests with recipes, so I know why I'm keeping the things related to those, but I have a gazillion different kinds of pelts, loams, heady kiola, nuts, gems, and even more different varieties of spider silk. I have two different sets of lower level armor...formed leather and something else..are these class armor sets that I'll need to trade in later for something better maybe? Or am I just keeping some stuff for nostalgia? Or is there perhaps a set of appearance tabs or something that we can use like in EQ2? Gosh, I just have no idea!

I even have some freaking singing aviaks along with what appears to be house items that I'm keeping, so I guess I"m keeping the stuff just in case I can afford a house one day?

I really don't have the bank/inventory space to keep on keeping everything, so how can I tell what I'm going to need and what I can just sell to a vendor?

I remember I was also working on monk headbands and something with epic 1.0 too, so I'll have to make sure I don't get rid of anything related to that.

Is it a good idea to just get rid of everything not related to a current quest or to headband/epic 1.0 and just start over? Is there anything I need to make absolutely certain to keep because it's impossible/extraordinarily difficult to replace?

Thanks for ANY help or advice! I really have an awful memory so my plan is once I get everything sorted to start taking notes and write down everything that my characters were doing.
  2. Phiyre Augur

First off, you can fill bags and store the full bags in your bank. Helps with space a ton. That being said, most armor that drops now is pretty sweet. Different classes use different sets but that stats on it rock. There are still a few twink items worth keeping like a fungus covered scale tunic, blade of carnage, ring of lightning etc, but most of the old school gear is easily replaced now w/ the stuff that drops off the things you kill while leveling.
    I have a hard time getting rid of things so I have stuff stored in bags in my bank. Sure, I will never use it but I have np w/ storage between my toons and bank(s) full of bags :)
    I personally am not messing w/ any epic stuff as I will out level it too fast to make much difference and don't plan on being a hardcore eq player again which would be required to get the updated 2.0 or 2.5 epic (not sure what it is currently).
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't get rid of anything! Recent quests required folks to have done missions/tasks and have items from long ago, like epics so you never know when you will need it. You might want to check a parcel merchant (use find key) and see if any parcels are waiting for you. The game will send them to you if your had a house and got evicted or other reasons. Just get deluxe toolboxes, they hold ten and cost a few plat and put the items in your bank till you figure out what you want to do. Don't need to do anything right now.

PS EQ has a major expansion being downloaded tomorrow. :D
  4. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I think the cost of owning a house is pretty cheap, you can buy one with loyalty points or buy one with Plat. The cost of upkeep. I seem to remember paying for 52 weeks for under 200 plat. I think if you buy the house from the DB Market using DB Cash then there is no rent to be paid.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Houses from claims and the ones you buy from loyalty have no rent charged. Others you buy in store and do the tutorial quest for do have rent charged. All plots have initial purchase price ($180 plat and less) and will charge rent also unless it has a claimed house on it.
  6. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

you will need to TS for a couple epic combines, read the guide to find out what TS is req....and extra TS items u can sell to buyers from anywhere with, /bar

after you get the reward from /ach those housing items should be on a vendor in sunrise hills, so you dont need to save them if ur not using them.

the old gear can be destoyed/sold as upgrades become available.

when u buy a house u can get the anchor for loyalty points, that you place in the house, and the included clic item with it, will port you home, where ever u placed the anchor.
  7. Enigma Maitreya Augur

If you do not mind, can you confirm that the Clicky has a reset time of 1.5 hours?

Well I suppose it doesn't matter that much, what I am looking at is the Clicky's reuse timer vs the Origin Button reuse timer. IF your Origin is CR then it is a short run to the PoK book.

IF I am wrong, then I may spend the Loyalty or DB Cash(?) and get my not casters a way to the Guild Hall.
  8. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

1hr+ refresh on anchor
  9. Enigma Maitreya Augur

*Shrug* I think the refresh on the Origin is >= 15 Minutes and <= 30 Minutes.

Run Time from CR to PoK 2 short distance zones < 3 minutes.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can buy a primary anchor and a secondary anchor . I use the primary one to port to my guild hall and the secondary one to go to one of my houses. Can use either right after the other with no cool down between.