I am having Fun

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ranza Mortia, May 25, 2015.

1. Ranza Mortia New Member

Hi all, I am the Mortia Sisters, and I am having fun :)

First of all, english is not my main language, so might trip over a few words, but I hope you all get what I am trying to say.

I am one of the old players, both that I started playing EQ back in '99 and I am 44 years young. I have played as a slacker, casual, raid and progression raid, sometimes all mixed together. On this server I have keep to my old casual style, that I enjoy a lot. My rogue is now lvl 10, and I am so proud of her. She is doing super good, every lvl I get, every item I get feels like an achivement, and not just like something handed to me, I had to work for it, and it feels good. :)

I know there have been(is) many problems, some bigger then others, with our server. But to me it is a minor detail. I put myself in the que and do some tasks in my home while I wait, or watch a movie. Players have power leveled and killed the dragons, I have been in a guild like that, it is hard work, takes planning, commitment and skill, I congratulate them. They are not playing the same game as me. I hope they have as much fun as me :)

But what about the future? Well for me, I want to be able to go to Crushbone, maybe get a Dragoons Dirk or a Screaming Mace, I dare not hope for both, but one can dream. ;)

I hope you all have as much fun as I have, and that you play the game whatever way you like :)
    Mardy and rune00 like this.
  2. Blankslate Elder

Are you one of those demon boxers?
    Kasuka likes this.
  3. Ranza Mortia New Member

No, I am no demon, and I am no boxer, I dont even like having a merc around on normal servers. But I have no problem with boxers, dont think they are demons. :)
  4. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

I feel the same way!

I got my bard to 21 over the last couple of days. I have really refined my pulling skills in this environment to avoid "poachers" - aka Kill Stealing Jerks. Pulling mobs over terrain and behind hills so the other groups don't see them mobs running within sight. I have made several friends lists on this young server as the best/inventive puller they had grouped with. Its crowded sure, but the server is ALIVE. Its been 10 years since I have seen EQ in this manner. It. Is. Awesome.

Last night, I got through the Queue, logged into my bard and ran the world looking for a group. Qeynos to HHK -nope. Najena, packed. SolA -boxers holding the zone. Unrest- 99 people! Mistmoore - 6 mobs in 40 minutes. Throughout this I died once so 3.5 hours of running and LFG and I only managed to have a net LOSS of exp. But, I am not mad, not at all. Its EverCrack - and its the reason that I continue to come back, you have to work for your levels, loot, and skills.

Its not Classic, and its not '99 but its a vibrant, alive, packed, server full of mostly good people. Remember to not compare yourself to the rat-racers who downed raid targets, just take a deep breath and understand (like and game/server launch) the first couple of days/weeks are crazy, but will settle out soon.
    Ranza Mortia likes this.