Hynid Bloods need to be increased

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pani, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Pani Augur

Let's talk about Hynid Bloods. These are used in Treated Aligned Steel Thread and Treated Shimmering Steel Thread to make all of the Cragbeast and Hynid bags/sacks/packs/backpacks, pouches. A friend and I have been farming these, trying to finish all the backpacks/bags/sacks etc. We get anywhere from 0-3 while farming in Natimbi each spawn. We get anywhere from 0-3 while farming in Koz'Taz. You need between 3-7 bloods per type of bag and there are 20 different types of bags. Averaging at 5 bloods per bag that is 100 bloods for one person to complete all the bags. That is hours and hours and hours of farming hynid bloods. I didn't fight much in these zones when they were current, so don't have the buildup of the tradeskill components from them. And I have at most 2 hours to play a day, which doesn't give me many rounds of possible drops. Please increase the drop rate on older tradeskill components!
    Sissruukk likes this.
  2. Sindace Elder

Did my bags from hynid bloods farmed out of Vxed. Not common but I didn't find it to be that terrible. Was there for iridescent scales, so the bloods were more of a bonus. Never tried KT for bloods.

Lot of worse drops out there requiring hours and hours of farming. Is what it is.

EDit- If you're on FV hit me up, I have 100+ bloods leftover.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If its that hard skip it and do other recipes. You have like 4 expansions worth of tailoring armor stuff you can do now, its not like when 350 was new and we had to do like all but 5 or whatever known recipes at the time.

Also a lot of the unknown recipes were figured out (like torment ones) so there are even more options.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Hynid Bloods are not that rare.
  5. Annastasya Augur

Hynid bloods are annoying to farm, but honestly, if this is the tradeskill thing that crossed whatever line you've drawn and made you come post on the forums.... just give up now. Leave tradeskilling behind and never return. If 2 hours a day is your limit, this kinda thing should be at the bottom of your priority list anyway.

Oh, and i DEFINITELY would not leave this post without some actual constructive suggestion so- Set up a trader offline, and offer good plat for them. You'd be surprised what people will offload, or what lowbies/ new players will farm if you offer enough plat.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nah there fine my ranger got 18 on him definatley not that rare. Lot more common than Iridescent scales which i got 8 and like the same on cragbeast blood when i was doing hunters.
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

I've farmed many, many Zerk Epic 2.0 gift packages for young zerks. The quest requires both cragbeast and hynid blood. I tend to get at least 10x hynid bloods for every 1 cragbeast blood. If you're on Luclin and need hynid blood, let me know. I'll send mine to you.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Is Steel-Reinforced Cragbeast Backpack only item that counts towards 350 that uses hynid blood? Sorry i copy and pasted and got this large font lol.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Farming enough Hynid Blood to make one of each of the bags was slow & annoying but bags are not a consumable & arguably anything with any kind of weight reduction was considered a premium item, sure the marketplace changed the bag dynamic a lot but that's not really a good arguemnt for more blood availability.
    Were the blood used for a lot of other stuff, particularly if it were used in a good number of consumables you'd have a better argument.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Double negative intentional?
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not intentional. Not sure how it happened. May have been something corrected without my noticing. Fixed it.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Honestly, as someone that doesn't "cheat" to auto forage, I found camping the foraged thing for those recipes much more rare. Tea leaf oil
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3 accounts each with a druid+foraging machete & double forage aa was how I got a ton of that fairly fast, and Natimbi seemed to be decent rate. Netflix & keyboard macro :)
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Leaf isnt that bad i got like 150 or so on my ranger when i was doing hunter and trying to forage up Mint's which is pretty darn rare.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

really? have you tied /forage to one of your turn keys and /autoinventory to the other? it will help

-Signed
    a TS hoarder since 2002
    Aanuvane likes this.