Hybrid Weapon Choices

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Fohpo, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Fohpo Augur

Just returning, assuming BST is still primarily 2hb and ranger dual wielding?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

What level are you? The weapons have reversed the last few expansions where BSTs are using 1handers and Rangers primarily bow with a 2hander equipped (utilities sympathetic proc on spells)
  3. fransisco Augur

ranger weapons are no different than caster weapons - just for the sympathetic procs. Sadly the days of rangers meleeing is long gone. They all stand exactly 16.4 feet away from the mobs so they can shoot and also kick
  4. Fohpo Augur

117/116, haven’t played since the Velious expansions. What 2h for rangers from NoS? 2hb? Guessing dual wield can’t proc both Sympathetics?
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I did an "eyeball" test with my ranger, meaning I didn't parse anything...I just pulled a bunch of trash mobs with my usual group (cleric, ranger, SK, and three dps mercs) and tested using 2 1h weapons (t2 and t3 weapons) with damage procs, a 2h (t3) with damage proc, and bowing (t3) with the 2h equipped for the sympathetic proc. All group weapons. I wanted to get the feel of how long it took to kill mobs with each setup.

Hands down, bowing with the 2h equipped allowd me to kill mobs a crap ton faster than the other 2 setups. So, even from just a casual observation standpoint, bowing is more efficient. The only times I get up close to melee with the ranger now are in spots where there's just not enough room to bow or when the pull is a crap show and swapping to dual wielding heal proc weapons helps keep the tank up until things are under control.
    Szilent likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

It's personal preference really. CoV 2hb had a fire proc which gave a slight edge but we've mostly been poison/disease or magic of late. Ratios are almost identical. The 1handers can both proc but your relying on 2 small procs instead of 1 big. I prefer the 30 delay spear.
    Fohpo likes this.
  7. Fohpo Augur

Does weapon type matter on BST?
  8. Derka Power Ranger

1hb and h2h are going to qualify for Gelid Rending procs.
    Szilent and Fohpo like this.
  9. Buds Augur

How much does that affect DPS?
  10. Roxas MM Augur

11. Derka Power Ranger

You're ultimately going to end up using it as a min/maxer. However if on your journey to max level and AA you had the opportunity of a free raid level 1hp, I wouldn't throw it out of bed. The weapon ratio and proc gain over a group 1hb or h2h might be enough to be more beneficial. Not every situation is the same.