hybrid research trophy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

Just curious if any other hybrid classes who have done research have had issues with their trophy not evolving. I have my research over 250 as we speak doing combat spell books and my trophy has not evolved at all. I was using the research table and then switched over to using my hybrid research kit and still nothing. Is there a specific recipe type that is needed to evolve it meaning do we have to do the old school hybrid research combines or is this an overlook by the devs when they allowed all classes to do all research combines?
  2. Weebaaa Augur

recipes more than 100 poins over the trivial of your current level will not count towards trophy evolution.
    Once your research hits 275+ those will evolve it, otherwise, nope
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Guess I never paid much attention to this. I have 9 master bakers who have all done the raxil fish route and I must have overlooked that their trophies did not evolve until they got to higher skill. I really hope this is the case because I don't even want to try to figure out how to evolve this darn thing another way.
  4. Visitor Augur

For purposes of evolving the TS trophies, all combines higher then 350 are considered as 350, so at 250 or 251, the trophy should evolve.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

anyone know how many combines are needed to raise Research past 300? I am at 26 learned new recipes and nothing. I am really just interested in gaining 2 points right now but this is nuts.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Well it has to be upwards of 50 combines per point. Finally got my two points to get me to 315 base skill and learned roughly 100 new recipes. I cant even imagine getting to 350.
  7. svann Augur

8. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Research is 54 recipes per point.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It was a lot of combos but once you get going spells are extremely formulaic which is nice. And there’s so many that you only need to go up to around lvl 80 to get to 350, unlike most of the other skills where you need to do ~98% of recipes available etc
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Yeah I noticed the combines were fairly strait forward and I have over 200 different research items saved throughout the years with some of them being stacks in the hundreds so getting to 350 would probably be easier from a farming standpoint for me since I don't think I will need to do much if any but its a little discouraging spending an hour doing combines to only see 1 point gained. If I set my bags up differently it might flow a lot faster.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

Don't forget all classes can also do tomes, those can help save the higher level spell ingredients. I'm pretty sure that when I maxed to 350, I did all the binding powder recipes (which all classes can also do as long as you have an int caster to get you the summoned ingredient), all the subcombines for tomes, papers, inks, quills, thickeners, etc and I didn't have to go past Charta Arcanums other than a few random spells I had done for a reason previously.

Also, I find that plopping all my inks, thickeners, quills, papers and such into a house makes it a lot easier to do. They sort alphabetically and you can see the names of what you're looking for.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Bag flow is huge. Bag up the common inks and such so if you have to, you can use the vendors with tiny inventories vs the pok iksar that has so much crap it lags the interface. It also costs about a million plat (I had majority of spell scrolls but farmed some odd levels too. Dreadspire is a really good spot for many)

Also as Aan said if you do all the non spell combos you really only need to do about lvl 1-75 or 80ish to hit 350. They get more costly as they go up.

Other nice thing about it is doing it by spell level makes it pretty easy to manage the list. I just searched eqtraders for the scroll type and went from there level by level.