How will the ZEM work on Ragefire?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asmodethenaughty, May 6, 2015.

1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

I am assuming there will be no hotzones on the new progression server. So will the ZEM be classic?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Banai Augur

I would have to assume it will be the same as live since that is the client they are using just locking out certain things. Obviously no hot zones and other things like that. Iirc the ZEMs haven't really been changed a whole lot since like velious/pop in the early stuff. They just gave the new areas a higher ZEM to get people to prefer them. I could be wrong there since I haven't touched live in a long long time
  3. Weverley Augur

Wow a new term i never seen before ZEM. Let's try to google it to see what i end up with.You would think playing eq for 10+ years u would know everything but u would be wrong.
  4. moogs Augur

Zone Experience Modifier, in case Google steers you wrong.
  5. Weverley Augur

yeah google put me in the right direction now i know which zones or dungeons offer the best xp.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

The old figures (which actually came from some posts that I compiled from other places), haven't been valid for over a decade. Individual ZEMs have been reset and tweaked many times over the years. For that matter, the ZEM isn't the most important factor; mob stats are more important, and the continual tweaking of ZEMs and hot zones were an attempt to balance these out.

The last set of progression servers had the current live server exp calculations, with some small tweaks that were unique to progression. Exp per kill was capped at a fairly low level (2%, IIRC), making groups MUCH more attractive than soloing. There's no telling exactly what the devs will do this time.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

8. Brunlin Augur

I would also assume that whatever the zem is for each zone in live minus the hotzone, is what it will be for the progression....but this is a good question and I hope they add it to the Q and A for the server.
  9. Weverley Augur

On the news and announcement thread about the latest poll result Aristo answer that question without saying anything about ZEM. To summarize his answer was xp on ragefire gonna be far less then on live servers but double what was in classic in 1999.