How was raiding pop as enc?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by News, Jan 31, 2019.

1. News New Member

This had been my first tlp experience and it's great. I have well geared and aa'd enc,wiz, and clr. All are very enjoyable to me. So coirnav is coming up to pop soon. I would like to cut back and focus on just one class as my main in pop.

In the live run, I quit enc sometime in ntov when I became rune b***. I played clr for the remainder of velious through pop. I've always had a wizard alt on the side. So I recall what the experience was like as a raid cleric or wizard in this era. How about enchanters? Is there any interesting cc chains, fun pets to charm that raid leaders will actually allow, or is it back to buff/Tash/die/accept res/beg for buffs/ghetto rune heal to victory.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

There's charmable stuff in Plane of Air. The vengeful airspirits that pop on the first island are level 46 and dire charmable, so that's certainly a safe charm pet to use when raiding that zone. For the Xegony fight you'll likely be on add mez duty, depending on which strat your guild uses. Most mez and kill the adds as far as I know. Plane of Earth A also has charmable armadillos, and the ring events there spawn a lot of adds for CC duty. Rathe Council event in Plane of Earth B is the best known use for raiding chanters in PoP. Enough chanters or bards to mez-lock 6 councilmen for several minutes are generally required for that fight. Technically you can AE mez adds on the Coirnav event, but I'm pretty sure most guilds will use AE nukes on those, so mezzing is rather moot. Fennin is just a straightforward single mob, so nothing crazy for enchanters there.

For Plane of Time, mez/charm is quite useful for the first three phases of trash mobs. Can AE stun the big waves of trash mobs on phases four and five, those usually get AE nuked down. Also chanters are useful if you want to mez the % based add waves on some bosses (Saryrn, Terris, etc.)

I've never enchantered in PoP myself so I probably forgot some stuff, but I think it'd be enough excitement to keep you interested.