How to tell the pet nerf went to far--Humorous, Kinda

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lyrical, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Lyrical Augur

1) When your level 15 raw hide wearing bard can tank 5 dark blue Orcs and your cleric casts one heal before your group kills all 5. Guess its time to nerf bards tank ability because my water pet has never been able to do that.

2) When your water pet that is yellow to your level 15 bard will not survive in the same group because the heal cant land fast enough to save him if he tries to tank.

3) When your butt naked mage can tank 3 dark blues at a time with no heals before the fight is over and your fully buffed pet can not.

4) When your fire pet that use to be considered a speed bump because he was suppose to mimic a caster now tanks better than your earth pet because it can kill a mob before the mob lands that fatal 3rd hit. What good properties does an earth pet even have now? Wasnt it suppose to be the warrior pet?

5) When you get a handfull of people having physical pleasure spamming the boards with how happy they are about others getting nerfed. Dbg should charge for this as physical pleasure usually costs more than a month subscription.

Please feel free to add to the humor.
    Drexll likes this.
  2. Lateryn Augur

When you are bad at EQ, of all things and just face rolled with your OP pet without consequence.
  3. Ladysoth Augur

When every single post you make is a thin screen to hide a pathological need to degrade other people for some mysterious reason.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Reported for trolling. Every post you have made lately is nothing but a troll and outright attacks, I am sure Roshen will love to hit the forum vacation button.
    Yohan likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

When tanks support pet changes? ;)
  6. Lateryn Augur

Please. Posting differentiating opinions is not "Trolling". The world we live in, someone disagreed with me, time to report!.

Considering the tone of the OP my post was exactly in-line with it, but with the opposite opinion.

Also how much you and others say the exact same thing 50 times a day, spamming every thread whining about exp and you are still here, I'm not going anywhere.
  7. Ladysoth Augur

When you get called out on being kind of a on the forums and you, as is normal for people that get a kick out of being a , double down on it instead of wondering if you're the problem.
  8. Lateryn Augur

If you want to be coddled over a video game, go to your mother.
  9. Ladysoth Augur

When you get annoyed at all these stupid people that just can't understand your need to communicate entirely in insults.
  10. Lyrical Augur

6) When your yellow con level 15 pet is buffed with center + 40hp and and the cleric spell Healing + 120 is a Complete heal yet it takes 3 of those to heal your naked bard.
  11. Duladin Lorekeeper

Why do you even post if everything you post is just a condescending snarky comment? Seriously, go outside or something.
  12. Gruktar New Member

The problem is that you are comparing your pet to another player class. Pets should never be good enough to take the place of another player.

I will agree that #4 has some merit. The earth pet should be able to take more hits than the fire pet.
  13. Dreftan Elder

Absolutely this.

Earth pets have no business taking damage better than naked casters.

What gave you the impression they should??

The past 16 years?

Don't make me laugh!
  14. Gruktar New Member

Actually, I was referring to his first two points where he complained about a bard out-tanking his water pet.
  15. Tore Lorekeeper

When you try to make a point that bards are op and mention a bard tanking a bunch of stuff but not mezzing like a buffoon
  16. Ootax Augur

I agree with this. Part of the problem and that people who play a mage are so use to the pet being the dominant ability of the class and it being to basically out dps and out tank player classes over the years has made it easy mode. The pet should only be a portion of the mages ability, with the actual mage player making up 50% or more of it. That hasn't been the case in the past. It was basically send pet, watch mob die, rinse repeat. Now the player has to work a little more, use their spells more, not going after such a high level mob, etc and people want to complain about it. IMO it's brought mages more in line with other dps classes. The mage should not be able to out dps and out tank other classes and that is basically they way it was in the past.
  17. Dreftan Elder

I agree as well.

I feel mages are in a good place right now, that their pets cannot take any hits, do no dps to raid mobs whatsoever, and have no nukes with resist modifiers or cc independent of their pets who cannot take any hits.

Extremely balanced class, very rewarding to play.

Once you learn how to use the pet calm aa, park pets at the zone line, and spam /pet back off during all fights you truly master the nuances of the mage class.
  18. Weverley Augur

When guildie mage made a earth pet with a sk and pet died only once in 3 hours and sk kept aggro i'm gonna say mage class still doing pretty good even though sk was pulling often 3 or 4 at the time and mage pet was tanking a different 1 then sk was tanking i say its pretty good and btw a lot were yellow and red to me and mage was same level as me i find pet is doing pretty good and no didn't had to heal the pet and neither the cleric.
  19. Lyrical Augur

The good news here is your mage knows how to /assist the main tank and only let the pet attack the mob the sk is keeping solid aggro on. Sks are good at this with taps and other hate spells and taunt. If you are telling me the earth pet off tanked reds and yellows and never needed a heal then that is simply not possible. My earth pet can off tank too. But needs a dedicated healer for the pet only to survive a red or yellow. If the mob takes 30 seconds or more to die the healer will need to med.
  20. Lyrical Augur

Tore-- thank you for the advice but ya see with the current xp rates the song mez does not help the mobs die any faster. So I put my little 5hp mage damage shield on my bard and grab 3 to 5 mobs, play melody to make them all mad, then very carefully send in 2 mage pets to help me kill the bad guys. I set up my mage pets on /guard pretty far away so I can back them off when they start getting hit and hope a song lands enough to regain aggro. Now I know this tactic wont work at later levels. I will have to pull singles if the bard has a chance and im hoping the pets are good enough to tank singles at later levels to.
  21. Lyrical Augur

Ootax this may have been the way it was when LJ and Rage first started. After the pet mitigation nerf a month or 2 after those servers opened up however that changed. My air and water pets werent able to tank all that well at 50 when they certainly could the day before the nerf though they still needed heals. That part is a big ole made up lie if anyone thinks the pets could tank and solo everything. That is absolutely false. At level 10 maybe it could solo a yellow every now and then. It certainly didnt work that way at later levels without a healer. After the nerf my air and water pet could not solo a dark blue in the hole without a heal or 2. It needed nearly half a clerics mana to stay up on a yellow golem and that is with a whole group dpsing.

Ya see those of you guys who are championing this always fail to mention the fact they fixed mage pets just recently. This go round they doubled down from the last nerf. And all of us guys not happy with it, and the reason im trying to inject humor into it, is that the mage class is purposely weaker than all the other caster classes because it has its pets. All 4 caster classes use to solo very effectively with their tools and skill set. Guess which one no longer can?

All im saying is it went way to far and that yes......a yellow con water pet buffed with a similar level cleric buff should not die faster than a level 15 bard with a few pieces of raw hide and the same cleric buff. If anything, even if you could spare me the tinyiest of agreement. The bard DEFINITELY in this case should not be able to tank 5 mobs at once if the water pet cant do 2 when it cons yellow to the bard.