how to report a hacker/-er/exploiter ??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ethyre, Jun 26, 2017.

1. ethyre Augur

I came back to Norrath on the Agnarr server.

Last night I found someone exploiting.

How in the world do I actually contact someone?

The last time I found and reported an exploit I got banned permanently (on one of four accounts) because I was accused of exploiting the very thing *I* reported.

sooooooo, yeah.......kicked in the face by the people I'm trying to help and yet here I am trying to help again
  2. Vindicate Elder

Learn how to report it and forget about it. Or torment yourself over something someone else is doing, drive your blood pressure up, become bitter and angry, and rant all over the forums.

/petition, Wait for response.... If you get a response explain the situation and forget about it. Everything else is on the owners shoulders. If you're feeling some sort of responsibility after this, your head isn't in the right place. You need to fix that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. ethyre Augur

I appreciate your sentiment to save my own peace of mind. But, I believe that people ruining the economy or cheating or doing something will harm the game for us all.

Its like seeing someone in real life committing a crime. I'm not a vigilante, but I have/do/will call the police and report it.
    Dunamys likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

If you think someone is cheating get video footage. You can petition and bug report. Not sure if both go to the same person but it will be a double submit to make sure it gets seen. Save video footage and chat logs and submit them on request. Most likely they are going to want to catch the person in the act though unless you have clear cut evidence of cheating. The bug report is more for the exploit part itself if its a true exploit. You can also PM the forum moderators about an exploit but never post an exploit you have found or you will get your thread removed and a forum suspension.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

how to report [somebody I suspect, with the very limited information available to me, is] a hacker/**-er/exploiter ??

There, fixed that title for you :) Sorry, just like to keep in mind that we usually know very little about what somebody else is doing. Let DBG make the call, is my motto. EQ has far fewer actionable offenses than most players seem to believe. I appreciate the desire to do what's best for the community, but the community doesn't agree on what's best for itself.
  6. Anhari Augur

In order to report an exploit please do the following:
    1. First off DO NOT TRY TO REPLICATE THE EXPLOIT. This WILL get your account banned, even if all you are trying to do is document it.
    2. Type /petition
    3. Enter as much detail as you can in the ticket such as:
      1. What server you are on
      2. What zone you are in
      3. Who the character is that you observe doing the exploit
      4. What server you are on
      5. What you THINK the exploit is in as much detail as you can such as I observed xxx doing a copy exploit where he/she created too many tradeskill results for one combine, watched XXY repeatedly killing the same Hill Giant in Rathe Mountains where it is clear that the mob is not re-spawning, etc.
    Be patient and wait for your petition to be resolved. You may never get a response from DB, but they exploits are very important to them. They want us to enjoy the game as it was designed.
  7. john5 Lorekeeper

Pretty much agree... I have been accused of running third party software twice now, both times were laughably ridiculous from my point of view. A guy accused me of warping when he saw my 3 toons pop up one by one as I was manually switching /pick. Another guy accused me of having "some software that shows you spawn locs" because while farming a low level zone I had easily spent 50 hours in, I knew each spawn point by heart and knew when I had killed each npc from the last spawn cycle relative to each other- that was suspicious to him. Things that are just normal game play for certain setups can look odd to people with a different play style.

So, by all means, observe and report. But do observe- use bind sight or eye of zomm. Follow them with a rogue. Confirm something 100% before you even accuse, let alone report. Exploits should be glaringly obvious.