How to make LDoN more popular.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

LDoN was more than fun PoP, the broken spreadsheet expansion really ruined the casual fun side of the game.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

By "broken spreadsheet" are you referring the the flagging?
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yes, thematically very cool expansion but horribly anti-fun.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, the flagging is a tangled mess for sure. It would probably benefit from a revamp to be more like modern expansions where its tied to the achievement window instead of characters flags from random hails that got jumbled if done out of order.
    Skuz, Demetri and Skrab like this.
  5. Demetri Augur

Yea, I'm 100% min-maxer and I'll be doing quite a bit of LDoN - but you won't see me finishing my aug in era, even if we had 3 months - I'll probably be maxing mine sometime in OoW.

In part due to how dull it gets doing more than 5-10 maybe in a day while watching TV alongside.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Sythrak20 Elder

While I won't argue grinding the charm aug is tedious the raid augs you use for a very long time. Flying kick, backstab, 30-35 ac for tanks, +2-3 damage, specialize alteration, heroic stat augs are all very well worth it. For some classes you can make an auged chest piece that's better than Time.
    Demetri likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is true, a few of the raid augs last functionally forever. The spec augs don't get an upgrade until CoTF, a expac 90% of the server pop in LDoN will never see.
    Demetri and Skuz like this.
  8. Sythrak20 Elder

I'm not sure why people think you need a full raid for any of these either, most of the raids can be done with 4 groups. Split off and you'll see alot quicker returns on time/reward investment.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Requires more leaders, raid leaders are hard to find. Each TLP gets less and less.
    Skuz and Foaming like this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Probably because its a thankless job. Plus a non zero amount stay on the "old" TLP each cycle so the pool of people willing to subject themselves to that gets smaller each time.
    Skuz and Skrab like this.
  11. Xhartor Augur

The Heroic stat augs don't age that well. Heroic on gear take a big step forward in GoD. Then once add the Anguish aug set. On Agnarr they were great, but a non-locked TLP the other age better.

The damage augs are mixed, GoD offers upgrades but mainly 1 for each weapon type. So the long term value is for your offhand, and only if you are mainly using the same weapon type in both hands. Poor item inflation during the 70's keeps most guilds in Tacvi forever.
  12. Atomos Augur

I've always felt augments were a terrible implementation, and so was tribute. IMO they are both more of a nuisance than anything. The equipment and advancement systems were just fine before these were added, neither of them were needed.

I'm never going to understand MMOers obsessions with socketing miniscule upgrade gems into their equipment.

Just release it alongside something else like LOY is, it is absolutely not standalone expansion worthy.

This does remind me however that LDON is a 1 month expansion on Mischief, how long is it usually?
    Vulken9 likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Will be 2 on Aradune/Rizlona, was 3 on Mangler/Coirnav/Phinny and infinite on Agnarr.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

I remember looking at that number when LDoN came out and just shaking my head. Getting into a group wasn't too hard though, so it had that going for it.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

LDoN does indeed fit better pre PoP. It would be a good concurrent with Luclin. However, that isn't how the release schedule works. Luckily this time it is only 1 month of LDoN.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  16. Demetri Augur

Almost everything in EQ or any other MMO for that reason are small incremental upgrades.

They just compound and compound many times over (in some cases exponentially (although those cases do have softcaps for a reason!)) to be quite substantial.
  17. Demetri Augur

IIRC best augs, which is what most would care about max at either 1050 or 1150 - something like that.

1492 is just for the armor sets and such.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

LDoN is one of my favorite expansions. That said, for TLPs, there is no reason that LoY and LDoN shouldn't unlock with PoP and have PoP just have an extended window of time reflecting all three expansions included.

Then, double the points per reward, for the lack even with that. Wouldn't hurt live servers so just do that as a general change. Still have to do 363 or whatever it is to max regardless of points.
  19. Rauven Augur

If a group of under-casual RPers on FV back when the content was current could get a 1492 item in a few days, then it can't be that bad.

Within the typical timeframe of a normal exp grind session, you can easily get 500-800pts. But of course this is going to require half the group NOT being one person's three boxes and they're afk 60% of the time like in your average KC group on Mischief.

You all would be amazed at how fast 6 active real people can roll through content.
  20. Stymie Pendragon

Even with the 75% increase to the 51 points per mission it will take 17 to earn 1 item if my math is right. That's not a trivial amount in my book.

51 x .75 = 38.25 + 51 = 89.25.

1492/89.25= 16.7