How to kick your character out

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Michele Hayes, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Michele Hayes New Member

Afternoon or morning depending on where you are from :)

I logged into the game this morning, and didn't properly log out, it is now saying that I have a character still in the game.

I have tried restarting the laptop; which did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas' on how to fix this ? Any help would be appreciated.

I should add, i reset my password, in hopes that may kick her out but that dud not work.

Thank you
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's some kind of bug that's giving "character already logged in" or "wrong password" messages if you crash out or something is wrong when you log out.

Did you try logging into a different server and see if it clears the message?
  3. Michele Hayes New Member

I tried to log into another server and it said that I currently have a character in the game, and that if i do not to change the password.

I changed the password, and it still says the same. I read somewhere here that if when you click to change servers and it says that you have a character playing do you want to kick it out -- press yes -- it should time the character out and you can play again, it did not work :((
  4. Michele Hayes New Member

Also, should i try logging it as a bug ? And thank you for your help <3
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's two different messages about "logged in characters" that I've seen.

The first is simply saying you have a character logged in and would you like to remove that character from the world so you can finish logging in (like if you have an offline trader going in the Bazaar). That's the normal message that EQ has been giving for years.

The second message I've seen, which I've only started to notice in the last month or so, is the one about passwords. I usually see it if I crash/camp out to the server screen, or if I try to swap to another server. Sometimes, I can click OK or cancel or whatever one of the choices was and it'll just log in as normal. Other times, I have to completely shut down EQ and restart with the patcher to clear it.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

If all else fails you can petition to have a GM kick your character. They did have an issue like yours a little while back, but it doesn't look like it's been fully resolved yet.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Sorry, but this wasn't clear. Did you click "Yes" on the dialog box that says you have a logged in character and do you want to kick them? The only time I have see that fail is when when my wife was actually playing and I didn't know it. The error message in that case is something like, "Cannot remove character. A character is actively playing."