How to fix FFA in one simple stroke

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DragonbladeEQ, Aug 30, 2015.

1. DragonbladeEQ New Member

So, since each raid target now has an FFA day, it pretty much translates into the top guilds getting the kill. The server as a whole doesn't get access to these fights since they can't mobilize quickly enough and even if they could, it's hard to win a DPS race against 100+ people who camped out right beside the target.

So, the simple solution is to make FFA targets for non-rotation guilds only. Rotation guilds already have access to these targets and are garunteed a chance to fight them. Everyone else ends up being bystanders and can't participate in content they pay for because they're being overpowered by bigger, more organized guilds.

So, Vox, Nagafen, CT, Inny, Freeti FFAs should be a day for non-rotation guilds only to take their shots.

There should also be a PoSky FFA as well, since it's becoming a point of drama.

If not, simply eliminate FFAs entirely and make it all rotation only.
  2. Bandok Augur

FFAs are part of the rotation so an ambitious guild can get more than others. Hardcore guilds would prefer that everything were FFA (how both servers started), while others would prefer a pure rotation. Rotation with some FFA spawns is the balance between those.

So, no, you're not going to see all FFAs turn into "non-rotation FFAs". My guess would be that "non-rotation FFAs" won't really exist until something becomes non-current (i.e., Naggy and Vox after Kunark rolls around).

The exception to that is the general Sky rotation, which does not currently have any FFA day. That will probably have a "non-rotation FFA day" per rotation cycle.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

From what I've heard, most if not all of the raiding guilds are willing to give up and coming guilds their shot at targets first.
  4. Simone Augur

If you want to have a shot at the raid targets join a guild that's already in the rotation or trying to get in the rotation. If you don't like any of the current guilds then by all means form your own. On FFA days you could even attempt to assemble 70 of your best buddies to form a raid to get those targets before anyone else does.

The current 3:1 rotation is as Bandok said, a nice compromise to strike a balance between the guilds that can only raid at certain times and the larger and more ambitious guilds that want to increase their own loot. Some guilds are in favor of having more FFA days in the rotation so that they can earn more loot whereas other guilds want less FFAs because they are smaller and can't reliably compete for those rotation slots. Like I said the current 3:1 rotation seems to strike a nice balance that all parties can live with.
  5. squidgod Augur

If non-rotation guilds could kill the mobs, they'd be rotation guilds.

Your suggestion amounts to giving box army RMTers free loot.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Exactly how do you implement this to prevent rotation guilds from killing anyway? And if it's FREE FOR ALL, then why would you want to limit access to anyone. Would that be FFAERG (free for all except rotation guilds?) By the way, rotation guilds would just use their alt guild to kill it during that time anyway (and if they didn't have one, they would make one specifically for this purpose.)
    Simone likes this.
  7. Smokn Augur

So basicly my new guild that CAN beat these targets with out 30 raiders cant get on the rotation because we cant seem to out dps 2 raid forces of 72+ thanks bro good to know you think we should wait till yesterdays trash n left overs
  8. Smokn Augur

I think dragon is on point with this one
  9. Snar Lorekeeper

[IMG]
  10. AbyssalLord Journeyman

You can kill CT or Inny with only 30? I would like to see that. If I was on LJ I would give you a chance.
    Simone likes this.
  11. -wycca Augur

Can be killed with like 15 =P
  12. Simone Augur

Have you even tried Cazic-Thule in it's current iteration? He hits for 1300s and death touches every 30 seconds.
  13. Darth Augur

They have, and they're right. Faceless could likely do CT legit with 3 full groups, defiantly 4, but he could be mage walled with 12 mages.
  14. Simone Augur

Maybe I don't know this because my guild doesn't have an actual mage army. All mages in my guild are played by different people and killing stuff with mages is usually more of a contingency plan rather than an actual strategy. Really only thing we primarily kill with pets are mobs that like to AE cancel magic like Glare Lords and the like.

If my guild is pet walling a boss it's usually because the tanks all died.
  15. -wycca Augur

Yep, have killed him plenty. Around 42x to be exact overall, including a ton in the pre-nerf config and the current one. You can take like 45-50 real people, or you can bring like 15 mages. That works for almost any mob on a rotation atm.

With as long and non-competitive as LJ's rotation is, I'm frankly surprised there hasn't been alot of smaller guilds decide to just get some mages and hop on the rotation. Or people in larger guilds fed up with the rotation, leaving them, forming small guilds with buddies, and making sure they have the mages to get on the rotation.

Guess you still have another 3 months on LJ to see if that develops, but it was starting on RF on our prior rotation.
  16. Marthisdil Augur

Actually, you should thank DB for it...not the other guilds.

DB are the ones that said "dps race" and "no PNP".
  17. Marthisdil Augur

A mage pet wall doesn't have to be boxes...can do it with players behind each and every toon.

Doesn't negate the fact that the "strategy" still works.