How to access the bazaar?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by phisbin, Jun 7, 2017.

1. phisbin New Member

I'm a old old EQ player, as in my wife and I beta tested the original EQ

Just came back on the agnar server and I'm trying to figure out how to access the bazaar

I'm a dark elf necro

Thanks
  2. Treiln Augur

Agnarr is a Time Locked Progression server. Being as it is still brand new, it's still in classic EQ. Thus no PoK and no Bazaar. Back to the old East Commons tunnel for the bazaar ;)
  3. DoubleWide New Member

There is a building in plane of knowledge that leads there ... then there's a portal to the luclin zone with the bazaar next door and type /baz to bring up the interface....agnar server hasn't released luclin yet so ppl might be in EC?
  4. Phiyre Augur

If I understand things correctly, on a TLP server such as Agnarr, you will have to wait until PoK is released before you have bazaar access. I think that is the expansion that Agnarr stops at so you will have a little while to wait for the convenience of the bazaar. Enjoy the nostalgia of trading in the commons. That was always quite the experience back in the day :)
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The Bazaar is added with the Luclin expansion. You can access it via The Nexus.
  6. Anhari Augur

Once Luclin releases then via Nexus. I don't think that /baz works until POK releases. I also don't think that /barter works until the Bazazr instance releases with POL.

for now the Commons tunnel is where selling/trading goes on. Remember th /pick to go to different instances if the lag is too terrible. When I was there yesterday I swear that I saw at least 1000 players set up in the main instance. I swear, trying to get to one of the vendors to sell drops took me at least 10 minutes to get there! This is SOOO like classic EQ before Luclin released!

Jasper Earrings for sale, 5pp each or 9pp/pair!
  7. Yruc Augur

The reason everyone is there is because there is no chat that will go into every /pick of a zone except the global ones (and the global ones only let 400 people into them) So to get more customers to see your goods you need to be where the most people are. What they need is a chat like /ooc /auction that will go into every instance of that zone and allow everyone in, not just the first 400 people...
  8. Anhari Augur

Not sure if the spanning chats would indicate which /pick the seller is in. If the y could do this then it would be a win-win for everyone. Easer to access the seller do to lowered lag.

I guess one way to lower the # of toons in the selling zone would be to set up a separate "bazaar" in GFey like we had on 199902000 EQ. I am not sure even when/why the community switched to the EC tunnel around mid 2000.

I don't think having everyone in one zone is a bad thing, it just makes lag a bi*ch!
  9. Nolrog Augur

Luclin actually
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

On Tallon Zek, we would kill you and take your plat if you tried selling in EC tunnel :p