How much mana can my bard create

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by YAZZ, Jan 14, 2013.

1. YAZZ New Member

hello everyone. I play every night with a wizard, recently he has been running out of mana with his new RoF spells. I never used to play mana songs, because it wasnt a problem, but now im trying to work out a way that i can provide the most mana for him.

Currently I lay down my little lute to play echo mana regen, in the melody i play aria, war march, and chorus of (mana regen) and a dot or an ac buff (i will add arcane when i reach lvl 100). Is this the most mana regen I can provide? or am i even wasting a melody slot because aura is providing the regen. Need Help !
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

As far as I am aware, Aura/Echo, Pulse, and Chorus all stack for additive HP/Mana/Endurance regen. I have not tested this, simply gone by Character Stat page information, which has been notoriously incorrect in the past.

However, I do know that Aura and Chorus stack for regen. Aura is more of a heal effect for HP/Mana/End than an actual regen increase; each tick of the aura increases HP/Mana/Regen by a set value, outside of normal regen values.

That being said, sometimes the best form of regen is simply to kill things faster. It looks like you have a decent song lineup, so that should not be an issue. Also, make sure your Wizard is standing in range of the Echo, otherwise it is going to waste.
  3. jarsh92 Elder

Hmm, I was always under the impression that our Aura/echo did not stack with our chorus lines. Hopefully some more people will chime in about that.

As for something else you can do to help with mana, is add in our Cresendo line song as a 8th or 9th song in your twist. Will give everyone a heal and a small burst of mana. Adding it that late in your twist should allow the recast to reset in time.
  4. Lenowill Augur

Aura/Echo regen stacks with the regen songs. In fact, Aura/Echo regen from multiple bards in the same group even stacks, if I recall correctly (whereas multiple bards having the regen songs playing IS redundant and won't have any extra effect).

And as Jarsh92 said, don't forget Crescendo. :)
  5. JERUS Augur

Aura/echo and songs stack, the aura/echo is actually bursts of instant vs a buff regen. So yes they stack. Think of it like the really really oldschool mana song where it wasn't a regen buff but a mana heal, that is what aura does every 6s.

Overall using rk 3s for numbers (rk1 will be a lil lower than this but i was curious what was highest so I'm doing with that)
    Chorus: 106m/6s- 17.67m/s
    Pulse: 105m/6s- 17.5m/s
    Aura/Echo: 141m/6s- 23.5m/s
    Crescendo: ~3431m/45s- 76.24
    total = 134.9 mana per second

In other words 8k mana per minute.

As for what you can do easily in a melody, use the aura, chorus and pulse if you're only worried about getting mana back. IMO plenty of other songs are better to use than chorus, but it's there if you want the extra 1050 mana per minute (remember rk 3s).

Either way hope that helps =).
  6. Gladare Augur

Tell him to use a claw spell as frequently as possible for a chance to refresh harvest. Claw, instant, ethereal is a lazy sustain that will get wizards 12k+ depending on aa's.
  7. jarsh92 Elder

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. Guess Ive been doing it wrong since I came back :oops: . I love that you can still learn new things in this game no matter how long you have been playing.