How much effort would it take the dev team to fix Rogue dps for classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cohhfarmage, May 14, 2020.

1. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

Way over due
  2. Lostintranslation New Member

I would guess there will be no further class balancing done in regards to TLP servers. They just don't have the resources needed to examine it for a single class, especially for a time period that last only 3 months. Are rogues the most player? No. Are they feeble and week? No. If you want to occasionally stab something and see a much higher number than play a rogue. If you want to be the best on the dps charts in either a raid or group, then you might consider a different class.
  3. Magneress Augur

I feel part of the charm of EQ before Luclin was that it was so madly imbalanced, and people played rogues cause they wanted to RP a sneaky class and be underdogs.
  4. Kutsuu Augur

Very little if they do it with something like vendor-bought poisons. Would be easy to tune per expansion.
  5. Xaelon New Member

Then Fix Rangers too
  6. Xaelon New Member

And Paladin
  7. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

Rangers are pretty good in Classic. They can tank fairly well.
  8. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

Paladins are not nearly as broken as Rogue. Paladin's can hold agro well, Rez, Heal. What's your issue with Pallies?
    Kutsuu likes this.
  9. Laronk Augur

Not sure, they're one of the best classes in Classic
  10. Meredyth Augur

I think the devs could raise some skill caps at lower levels by ten or twenty points and see what happens and it would help some without taking much dev time. I agree that rogues need a boost.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

It would take 7 effort, but the Devs only have 1 effort in the budget. Sorry, Rogues.
  12. TLP Addict Augur

The answer to all these type of questions is generally...More than they are willing to expend.
  13. Tuco Augur

It'd be trivial to boost it, much harder to boost it correctly. Like Meredyth says they could give it a modest boost and see how it goes. Pretty low risk.
  14. Lumiens Augur

I think its working as intended for mage pets to out damage rogues in classic.
    Fudly, HoodenShuklak and Bobbybick like this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well before they'd even think about fixing it they'd first have to agree with the premise that it needed fixing, I think they don't agree.

While it is true that compared to other melee on TLP Rogues did not benefit as much from changes to melee that trickled down from the changes made for live servers they did still see an improvement of their damage as a result of those changes.
    Monks got lucky in that they saw a proportionately much bigger improvement due to those changes.
    All it really means is that the DPS "hierarchy" on TLP is quite different to how it was in-era on live servers.

I would not expect much to change on that, at the most what will likely happen is that some nerfs of melee damage will happen in revisions of TLP balance that have the net effect of making Rogues better vs other classes without giving them any increases. This is predicated on the aim of developers being able to remove the MoTM buff from raid bosses & which is likely why the spell focus effects on gear were removed for pre-luclin TLP.
    Meredyth likes this.
  16. Crazzie Lorekeeper

wrong thing to do, compare yourself to the PVE environment, not against another class. This smells of asking for yet another mage nerf.
  17. Kanuvan Elder

rogue has one incredible utility in project99 that makes them very desirable and that is corpse runs, because TLP/retail is so baby-fied and casual there's no need for the utilities that rogue bring, if you just want a dps bot play wizard because rogues are more than that the only problem is TLP is too casual
  18. Sikkun Augur

They already take all the gem drops from your group, what more do they need?
  19. Beep Elder

Stop trying to balance EQ. If you want a game where everyone does similar damage there are plenty of other MMOs out there that cater to it.
  20. kizant Augur

Balance doesn't mean everyone does similar damage. It means that pure DPS classes do the most DPS and pure healing classes do the best healing. And all other classes come in a range depending on what part of the abilities are really focused in that role. Rogues should be the top melee DPS class and Wizards should be the top caster DPS. Everyone else should come in a distant second.
    Fudly likes this.