How many have unsubbed due to Aradune issues?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Jun 15, 2020.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

Hey guys, did any of you sub again to play on Aradune and then unsub out of frustration? I finally gave up, as I was realistically unable to sync up with my friend who I had come back to level and raid with.
  2. Trevalon Augur

I haven't unsubbed but I won't be renewing my sub if there isn't some magical fix on Wednesday.

What's worse to me is that me and another RL friend convinced a guy who had never played EQ before to come play it with us for Aradune. We were able to play the a few hours the first week and the 1 week there was no queue (no queue but lag, at least we could play!!!) and were able to eek out level 42/44 and he was having a good time. Unfortunately because of the queue he has all but quit now as neither him or I have been able to log in since last Tuesday.

He said hed wait and see what happened with Weds patch but if it didnt fix it then he was going back to ESO who just dropped a new expansion and doesn't have a queue.

Its sad, I talk so much about how great EQ is and I FINALLY find someone who has never played EQ in their life who actually ENJOYED playing EQ when he could, but because of Darkpaw's complete and utter failure he is going to end up quiting.

How sad a day it is...
    Wesleypipes77, Aylion and Krupert like this.
  3. kit74 Lorekeeper

If he was a true friend he should wait the 5+ hours for you to log in and play...../s
  4. Judge New Member

The 17th is the day a big patch will fix the issues. I expect Rizlona server will get slammed if not. Boxers are on Aradune but not getting caught, so Rizlona is pretty much the same. At the end of the day, its still EQ.
  5. Develynn Wolfkeeper New Member

17th is the supposed "Patch Day"
    But i'm not holding my breath.
    I'm giving Daybreak until Saturday to either fix the server or offer free character transfers- If neither one happen, then me and my 8 friends who are subscribed (and thank god we only subbed for m2m and not a whole year) will be leaving Norrath again.
  6. Hottcakes New Member

I stopped for Wow around Omens, the last time they spit in the player bases face.
    Came back to play Agnarr, had a blast! Got 60, spent a bunch of time and money leveling getting my epic etc. Stopped again, came back for this after a RL Friend lasso'd be, dropped a couple hundred in potions bags etc. Getting ready to have fun...Bam can't play! My sub expires next week, they have till then to shape up. I may be only one player but plenty of us out there have money, but not time -
    I am happy to spend that money to make my limited time enjoyable and help support the game, let me do it! Or I go throw it at another game I won't enjoy as much =/
  7. Lionari Elder

They got you. If you quit, they totally just cucked you.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Queue will go away on the 28th
  9. Klaim240 New Member

I unsubbed my box. My main already resubbed... however, if this continues he is gone too. I'd rather give the guys on P99 my money rather than daybreak at this point.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

I'll bite. What's on the 28th?
  11. Dyzalot Augur

I figure with all the people talking about unsubbing if it doesn't get better, I expect it to be great in about ten days.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ah...31 days after launch. Smort
  13. Thygrym Elder

And Unicorns are real too. What is more likely to happen is the bonus XP will be gone and many will have stopped trying to log in because of it and won't be seen on any servers again. If the queue is still there after the patch, there will be an exodus from not just Aradune but from EQ overall.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ehhhh I doubt the people on Phinny are gonna quit if Aradune still has a queue on the 17th. But yeah, fingers crossed they figured it out and the issues go away.
    Accipiter and Umdebus like this.
  15. Thygrym Elder

I was referring to the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who haven't been able to play on Aradune due to the queues. And/or those that have just gone to other servers temporarily hoping that Aradune gets fixed soon.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ah, I see what you meant now. Too bad we don't know how many are in the queue I'm sure at 4 hours it FEELS like thousands, but if there was 50%+ server capacity sitting there I also feel like we would have had a 2nd (3rd) server already. However many it is, DBG obviously feels like its not enough to invest in more hardware.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I unsubbed. I'm a patient dude and have been having a lot of fun playing in the early mornings. I don't mind waiting till next month but a man can only take so much before he's starting to feel cucked and has to act.

I'm planning on resubbing when there is a stable server with no queue in primetime. Who knows when that'll be. Maybe I'll just roll F2P characters on a live server or play on test instead.

The worst part is how much fun TLP releases could be, but there's no reason to believe DPG will ever be able to provide a stable server for one. So you either have to choose to deal with queues/lag/instability for that clean launch experience or you have to jump in late and compete for spawns against level 50s.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

HAHHAHAHHAHAH

Here's how to cancel your account for good:

Once the chargeback is reported to us, the account is banned/suspended.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217994497-What-is-a-chargeback-

Edit: so I read this posters article and the second highlight says "WARNING a chargeback could get your account cancelled"!!!!!
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  19. DroptheBeats New Member

charge back is not just account. they will destroy any account under that IP.
  20. Vaxpo Elder

I unsubbed, however it is less to do with the queue and more to do with the boredom of classic on TLP.