How many guilds are done RoF?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Mikestab Elder

Someone said last night a couple of guilds were done the entire raiding piece of the expansion less than a week after it came out. Is that true? We just got done ToV and shards so far, it didn't seem likely.
  2. Mykaylla Augur

3. Izcurly Augur

It also depends on your definition of "done with the entire raiding piece of the expansion", as looking at only the T2 chart doesn't tell the whole story when over half the raids aren't progression raids.
  4. Candydare Elder

If you select RoF overall it will show you how many guilds have completed Progression raids and Non Progression Raids. So far Realm of Insanity is the only guild who has completed every raid introduced in RoF.
  5. wingz-83 Augur

*Grabs Microphone* Goes up to Qulas
    You've just beat Sony's latest Everquest Expansion Rain of Fear in a record breaking two weeks. What are you gonna do for the rest of the year?
    Elricvonclief and Candydare like this.
  6. shiftie Augur

Somehow I always find this kind of comment funny. To you it might be a problem to finish that fast or think that you might get bored or somehow think that they share your opinion or something. Like beating it in a week and having nothing left to do is some sort of finger pointing haha vicotry for the casual player who would rather go at a slower pace and wants to make fun of the end gamers for finishing uber fast.

The whole point to being in that guild at this point is finishing first, half the roster is there for only that reason. If that happens in 2 days, a week, a month or a year - who cares? They are there to finish first. No one cares what they do for the rest of the year so long as when the new content launches they have the force to devour it just the same.

They will likely do what everyone else does in eq - start an alt, work on an old quest, farm a few augs, tweak their dps or spell lineups for the best possible outcome, compete against each other on parses, drinking games on demiplane raids, karaoke in vent, start another alt. The only difference is they will look better than everyone else while they do it, and for another year they get to claim they are the best guild in eq. And after 4 years who is going to argue with them?
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Grats to that guild for beating this expansion's end tier. Indeed having done this 4 of the most recent out of the 19ish expansions it's quite an accomplishment.

Guilds focused on serverwide 1st kill wisely took advantage of beta gear and other beta support to identify which events were the most difficult and worked on them night after night. It wasn't without effort.

Finished the expansion though? Um the expansion is finished when the plundering is over. Got an army to gear up since next expansion's 1st kills will likely be in this expansion's gear. Not completo/finito. That's months away. It's the First Victory with a lot of other victories in the near future and in the months ahead for a lot of us. Enjoy farm mode (it's my favorite part of the expansion cycle).
  8. Mikestab Elder

Hey I'm cool with whatever they want to do to beat it first. When you play the game for that reason that's fine. My concern is that you get the top elite guilds who can knock it off fast (again that's how they want to play and that's fine) then SoE goes OMG we made it too easy and ups the difficulty and makes it so much harder and more frustrating for those guilds who have not had 9-10 months farming top level raids because they got it done 1st.
  9. Candydare Elder

RoF is easier than VoA. You won't see raids like Pillars, Rubak, RT and CoB. They simplified the scripts and mechanics. Also, they invite many mid tier guilds to test the raids in beta so you can't fault anyone.

The dev team is always trying to strike a balance to please all the players and in the end they find out you can't achieve that but they still try to implement ideas to get everyone to enjoy the game.

It doesn't matter if we beat the expansion in 1 week or 2 months, EQ will always have a farm mode longer than any other games out there.

Well said, Shiftee:)
  10. Noobieguy Augur

I think what made it so fast was you didn't have anything blocking you from getting your force to the new raid(s) - book in VoA. Guessing you guys, as well as others, would have beaten VoA much faster if it weren't for having to evolve the books. I haven't done much group stuff honestly, but the raids have been fun. I would not enjoy being in the devs shoes, can never make EVERYONE happy ;)
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

Pre-instanced raiding it's mostly/only Fires of Heaven, Legacy of Steel didn't beat Tunare during Velious. I think LDoN is Arch Overseers. EGL has all the expansions since:

Realm of Insanity 4 - UF, HoT, VoA, RoF*
    Triality 3 - TSS, TBS, SoF
    Cestus Dei Aetherius 2 - GoD, OoW
    Darkwind 1 - DoN
    Raging Fury 1 - DoDH
    Township Rebellion 1 - PoR
    Crimson Tempest 1 - SoD

*it's widely believed that there are more RoF raids to come but they are the leaders at the mid-point
  12. Atvar Augur

If VoA wasn't locked via the books, most of it would've fallen in the first week. All of T1 and T2, beast's domain, pillars, windsong, sepulcher 1 and 2 at the very least. I'm not sure about the rest because nobody experienced them without max level, aa, and basically gear. RoF is a much easier expansion, since it was nearly beaten with only 1 character max level, let alone gear and aa.

It seems like the lack of locked content also let every beta guild test every raid. Knowing the mechanics ahead of time can save up to a night of attempts on live. So without any beta knowledge, it might've taken up to two weeks instead of one. That's still crazy fast for an expansion clear.
  13. wingz-83 Augur

No, that was just more of a genuine question. You've reached the top in two weeks...now what? Honestly I was just more surprised really. I didn't mean anything negative by my comment nor was I bothered by the acheivement of beating the expac really fast. I don't even raid and thanks to this expac not having any mini-raids....I probably still won't, so I have no reason to be resentful or anything.