How man guilds are going to stay on Selo until it reaches Live?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Umul, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Umul Augur

That's why I feel it important they get the rules right for Selo / Mangler. Again I enjoy Live, I thought the last two expacs were good and TBL was interesting as well. I don't mind being on another Ragefire server in two years from now(meaning everyone left for the shiny TLP) but don't leave me with a bunch of stupid rules like truebox , sh*t exp etc.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Stagentti Augur

Nearly all the people on Selos are in for a rude awakening when they hit the last 3-4 expacs and aren't fully decked out in the previous xpac's raid gear and BiS.

Don't think they understand the difficulty level and how it exponentially increased. Been playing on TLPs the last few years.
    Aurastrider and Umul like this.
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

I will be staying on selo's for a long time, unless they blow it and increase unlocks to 3+ months or something equally dumb.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Yeah I see a serious slow down around VOA but that's just my prediction. COTF and TDS might provide some opportunities to go back and catch up but once they get to TBM the real fun is going to set in because at this point anyone not all caught up probably doesn't stand a chance. Heck even if we said they could leave POW achievements out of the mix (although a real hardcore is going to do it) just the flagging alone for a whole guild is going to take a day which might not sound like much but on one month cycles a day is pretty darn big. That would be 108 Judi spawns for a 54 man raid guild not even counting access to strife which means they need to start planning to farm their bows when actually doing POP and save them (pre planning part these hardcore guilds need to start looking at).
  5. Ceffener Augur

Not here, I played EQ classic and it has the nostalgia to draw me back. But unless they make that game way more casual friendly, never plan on playing a game like that again.
  6. Machentoo Augur

There will come a point when no one is going to be able to do much in era content and the server will just be rolling along. Even with the fast lockouts, clearing expansions post underfoot is unlikely to happen in a month. I would be surprised if any guild is still pressing on seriously at that point. (Could well end up being wrong, nothing quite like this has existed before, but that's my suspicion.)
  7. malaki Augur

Certainly possible, but with them tripling UF flags, who knows.
  8. Typhus Elder

Anyone notice how someone just changed this title of the thread? It has been "Many Guilds" for the longest time now all of a sudden it says Man Guilds. Must be the DBG forum moderators again up to no good lol.
    Umul likes this.
  9. Typhus Elder

I screenshotted it lol
  10. malaki Augur

No women or children allowed.
    Umul likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

I think underfoot will be doable by a guild, potentially. But, even with triple flags, you wouldn't have much time to screw around learning the events as a guild, and from underfoot on, maany of the events are complex enough that they take some time and work to learn. And with one month unlocks and faster lockout timers, no one's going to have time to get on test to practice the encounters before the expansions hit.

Will there be a guild with strong enough leadership, come Underfoot, to actually get it done? No idea. I think Amtrak leadership could probably do it, but only if they stick around--they've never lasted that deep into the expansions as a guild before (and neither has Faceless,) so who knows. Obviously some of the players within those guilds have done the fights, but there aren't all that many players in all of EQ that have actually beaten Convorteum ever, and the percentage is probably considerably lower on the TLP's than on live, even among hardcore TLP players...

I think the best bet would be a high end guild that has done Underfoot recently on Phinny. But, it doesn't look like that's going to work out timing wise, since Selos is looking to drop right around when Underfoot will hit on Phinny, and as far as I know OGC isn't planning to hit Selos anyway.
  12. ShivanAngel Augur

People are forgetting that you can raid twice as often, they are decreasing instance timers by about 50% it appears.

There will be some guilds that are balls to the wall enough to fully gear between expansions.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Typhus Elder

Regardless Selos is for someone who can commit atleast 30-40 hours a week minimum in order to be current. I dont know about you but that sounds hardcore to me.

Casual/ Raider Formula:
    Time invested= Casual/Hardcore.

Thats the basic formula then you have variables like Raiding/key farming/Epics/Quests etc. With 4 week unlocks as a casual player and your goal is to see raid content, good luck because by the time HoT rolls around 90% of the guilds will still be stuck in Omens trying to gear up just to get to the next xpac.

Most Casuals cannot commit to raiding 4-7 days a week.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Nobody has forgotten this. Yes it will help but I still don't think it will be enough. Let's just assume people have the time they are still going to be attempting things under geared in later expansions as a month is going to be difficult to actually beat the content let alone farm gear for the next expansion. Upgrades are going to become obsolete so fast and important upgrades such as for tanks will be vital. It would be wise to gear all tanks first without any regard to dip as long as it's an upgrade.
  15. Febb Augur

It doesn't matter if they reduce lockouts. People have a set schedule on how much they are going to play. Raid burnout is very real. Anything over 3 raids a week is too much for me.
    Umul likes this.
  16. Sandrito Elder

You guys are all noobs... Cant see the forest for the trees.
    Stop looking at this from a raiders point of view. A true casual wont have time for raiding, and they won't give a toss about the raiding scene or if they can keep up with unlocks or doing content in era etc, but just enjoy the scenery for the next 2 years.
    Umul likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

What?
    Pirlo likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think you'll be surprised the only thing stopping a lot of guilds is flags, needing 21 flaggs to move on to the next tier of raids is the main that that holds guilds back, I'm sure when Selo gets there like Underfoot the number of flags will be reduced.

While there maybe more achievents there are less raids, something guilds have been complaining about for years.
  19. mark Augur

not playing on mangler the aa grind his bad enough on ragefire and on selos unlocks should be every 2 months and no fv rule set ,if your going to wear raid gear you should earnt it raiding.
  20. Stagentti Augur

Dude they aren't even going to get to enjoy a lot of the later expacs at all in the next 2 years. Nowhere close. They better stay for 3+. DBG could expac lock this server and it would be the same thing.

Any of it. Not even just raids. They won't have the gear or AAs to handle it.

Like others have said - there's a lot of people who have not played live in years and the newer expacs. Which is fine. But going to be really aggravating when they get there.