How long will necros be twitching?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Lifetap Augur

[IMG]
    Marek-EQ likes this.
  2. Kullster New Member

Split AoW and Vulak take about an hour or so to kill.
  3. EQcleric Elder

First split vulak took 1hr and 40mins, and had 5 necros twitching from 80% to 5% .... only reason we won.

Next couple split vulaks we changed some things and i think i cast 10 or so twitches all fight. I still conserved my mana just incase, but for the most part, if youre splitting these mobs properly, you should be fine.

The bigger issue is when you forget to /pet stop and he dies.... wtb pet affinity.
  4. Kiani Augur

How about - why don't we have more clerics? That's often the issue. The more clerics you have, the less their mana is a problem.
  5. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

Good. I'd miss Hinastorm :) *gives bear hugs*
  6. Saglagar Lorekeeper

Max clerics used in a rot Iv'e seen is 7 for 20 min. AoW. No twitchy, No winny. No idea where someone came up with 15 clerics for anything ever. I would fall asleep in a RoT that long, I already forget I'm in a RoT after 15 min.
  7. Aenoan Augur

You want a long gross CH rot? Remember the first time guilds took a crack at Xegony in PoAir. 30-40minutes of CHing.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I had to double check what year it was after reading this thread.

It seems weird to me how many people think twitching is a good idea.

Clerics shouldn't be letting every CH land on the tank. It was common to duck to interrupt CH if the MT was full HP in order to conserve mana.

The speed of the CH rotation can also be slowed down.

Any necro who is twitching is making the fight longer (aka clerics using and needing more mana for the duration of the raid). Sedulous Subversion is 400 necro mana for 150 to another player, Complete Heal costs 400 mana. This means it costs a necro 1067 mana for 1 additional CH, which could instead be a significant amount of damage.

I do think twitching is necessary in some situations. The bottom line is that the tank needs to survive, and if you need 10 clerics healing at mach 3 to accomplish that, feeding them may be required. It's just weird to me because I played a cleric many years ago when twitching was common, and it was very much frowned upon. I was not in a great guild, but our necro's never twitched other than exceptional cases. If a necro was wanting or willing to twitch, it was a sign of an uneducated player (or one who was perhaps originally a tank or cleric).
    Tinytinker and Ckador like this.
  9. Ducreux Augur

You'll always be twitching as long as clerics have to dump tons of mana for buffs and people die. Heck we had necros twitching wizards so we could aoe down growth faster.

Embrace your inner Duracell.
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

That said, on all fights I have seen where necs have a "twitch coordination" (I follow that live if I may say because our necs are cool and fun and have invited me as guest in their class channel), they still end up quite in the top of raidparses. I don't know if they should or if they should not twitch, but I can tell at least that it doesn't prevent them from dpsing.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

My experience has been similar to yours. I have played a cleric in two different TLP guilds. Both were doing the same content and had the same number of healers per raid.

In the first guild the necros dpsed and twitched when needed.

In the second guild the necros were on fulltime twitch duty, the fights were longer, and ended with the other DPS CLASSES, not just the healers, screaming for twitch. Since the DPS were now OOM, the fights dragged on forever.

The first guild was able to balance dps and twitching and had good communication. The healers knew when to duck heals, made sure they had appropriate buffs on, were using the right heals at the right time, and knew how to pay attention.

The second guild had a bunch of people who didn't work well together. The healers over healed, forgot to rebuff themselves, chose inappropriate gear, and acted stupid.

For example...there was one healer who had the wrong person on target/not the tank. She did nothing but heal this person who was at 100% health the entire time. After about eight tells telling her she was healing the wrong person, she finally responded, put the main tank on target, and asked to be twitched.
  12. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Can't fix stupid. That person shouldn't be in the guild anymore.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  13. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

The correct answer to this question is:
    how long will necros be playing everquest?
    Because the answer is the same.
  14. EQcleric Elder

You cant compare 1000 necro mana to 400 cleric mana, because necros are regening more than twice the mana that most classes are in combat. Which is why necros have twitch....
  15. Mindtickler Journeyman

Necros might be twitching a lot, but not only does it allow you to move less on those fights where you need to move in and out, you also have the amazing solo capability. You'll be capping AA's in no time, soon you'll have undead slow to go with your undead charm, mez, lull. You still have res, two invul spells, heal pet, heal other people, arch lich + regen pots.. FD, group twitch soon.

To me it's fun parsing on top of DPS but other times its fun to relax and help out cleric mana pool. Sometimes melee seem more fun in raids, they can still top parse on the longer fights etc, but when it comes to soloing and doing off-raid hour stuff necro is where its at.
  16. Sepulch New Member

Classes have the inherent ability or responsibility that comes with it, the monk is expected to pull, the shaman is expected to do the tedious canni dance, etc. So you should try to embrace what you can bring to the table, dabbling with your health is such a unique concept of the necromancer.
  17. Lexithefaceless Journeyman

I think people look at the whole twitching thing incorrectly.

What you have is a pool of resources that you can utilize to either eliminate (lessen) risk or move things along faster. Why wouldn’t you utilize that?

The majority of the time the guild moves at the speed of the clerics. As an example, look at a typical NTOV clear. As you are moving from target to target do you just sit and wait for clerics to regen mana naturally? If the answer is ‘yes’, get ready for an extended NTOV run. Fast clears don’t occur by sitting on resources.

Now you could say … “Clerics need to be more efficient with their mana usage”. I agree wholeheartedly with that statement …. to a point. What that typically means is we need to play riskier. We should push the CH chain count or clerics should duck more. What you’re doing is increasing risk.

I’m not saying clerics should always play inefficiently due to risk. We have to find the balance, because that’s the real efficiency (it sounded better in my head).
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  18. Zanador Elder

If a necromancer is sitting at full mana while waiting for clerics to recover, they are doing it wrong.

The point is to use your full resources and abilities to help the raid. Lexi hit the nail right on the head.

Do I enjoy being at the top of the meters? Sure. But you know what? If I come up 8th, and did that WHILE twitching the clerics? Personally, that is just as satisfying as coming in near the top.
    Amethystia likes this.
  19. Tinytinker Augur

A necro who is never willing to twitch is doing something wrong.

But so is a necro who can't think of a better way to contribute to the guild. A necro who thinks their sole purpose is to twitch is stupid. In that horrible guild I used to be in, the necros twitched when the rangers started asking for mana so they could DPS.

There were better things they could have done with their mana than twitch a ranger.
  20. Tiffy31 Elder

If you dont want to Twitch then dont do it. Games are meant to be fun and twitching was the most thing ever. If you cant clear content without it then get better players.