How has the game changed since the release of Veil of Alaris?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Atathus, May 5, 2013.

1. Atathus New Member

At the beginning of January last year, I quit after 6 years of Everquest to focus on school. As school to comes to an end (well, one ends, another soon to begin), I think I may begin to have an hour or two to play every now and then. I left off with a lvl 90 warrior - 62K hp / 7200 ac unbuffed, and I was wondering how the state of the game as changed - especially how warriors are with the recent agro meter and the 2 new expansions, how the dps classes have changed at end group level (IE, has the power shifted from any classes? Has anything become super important that wasn't before?), and I wanted to know if any new measures have been put in play to ease the burden of creating a new character and getting it into current content (Getting aa's and augments towards end game have been notoriously boring and grind-heavy - I assume this is still the case?)

TL;DR: With the 2 newest expansions, change of payment model from monthly to F2P, and the constant updates that I've known Sony to have, how has Everquest changed over the past year, if by much at all?
  2. Atathus New Member

Also, I've noticed throughout my guild's website and magelo that tanks are nearing - and surpassing - 100k hp and 10K ac unbuffed. What's the coolest/biggest - baddest thing people in the game can solo from past expansions? :D
  3. Gladare Augur

Let the class envy begin!
  4. Wuttever Augur

I have class envy.

But I'm not envious of warrior soloing capabilities.

Have to wait for someone else to come in and say who soloed what old raid boss. I lost track back in the day it was cool to attempt Naggy solo. Which it still is, but no one stops at those levels any more.