How Guilds In Everquest Worked

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quill, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodz Augur

Only thing I heard tell of was guys 18 boxing on RF before the mage nerf causing the uproar when it became clear that would blow the whole elite thing to shreds. Literally that was the argument leading to a certain someone's famous statement that will not be forgotten.

Three boxing it in period on RF, no never heard of that one love to see it though.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you just paste this OP into your other essay we could surpass the flash of light thread
    Renshu likes this.
  3. Random newb Augur

How would you know? Didn't you start in 2002
    Alekyne likes this.
  4. Alekyne Journeyman

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

You should read this and then stop posting this kind of stuff.
  5. Kahna Augur

Last night my guild killed maestro with >40 people who had never met each other before 2 weeks ago, some who were playing classes new to them. Many who hadn't played EQ in years. We also did it in mediocre gear. Heck, I have a couple of slots that don't even have anything in them yet.

Sounds like everything is just as you want it to be. Casual people killing stuff with low numbers and bad gear.

Tomorrow, dragons, with roughly the same numbers. I mean, we may add a person or two who hits 50 between now and then. I'm confident we can get them down.
  6. Quill Augur

Interesting. Never played Ragefire, so i'll take your word on it.

For elite servers.. sure.. knock yourself out with the hard-mode packed raiding. For a server like Agnarr that was specifically set to stop at PoP to appeal to casuals who remember these raids as they were the first time around, and don't like packed house raiding? Simply let us pop the Live raids.

Everything else, including the non-instanced, still has the buff.

Really... a mob dying once a week and dropping a couple items to smaller guilds should hurt no one's ego. Casual guilds are their own bottleneck, specifically because they are casual. A lot of these guilds would never finish the game, even without the buff. But they certainly aren't going to jump into a machine JUST to finish something they've likely already seen many times.

And it would mean the world to be able to do it with your pals in a smaller dynamic, just like 1999-2002.

Since we're getting into demands.... 'You should read this and then stop posting this kind of stuff'.

Offical stuff doesn't matter. I'm posting about an issue I feel very passionate about and will continue to do so. I Hope that they take what i'm saying to heart, but will understand if they don't and will watch as the casuals head for the exits as over time it becomes clear to them what has been done here.

We simply want the game back.

Its clear the leetbros have hijacked it and convinced the devs that somehow 72-person was ever the norm. It wasn't. It nearly killed this game the first time around and is why you have so few casuals anymore. Here we have a chance to bring some of them back, and all you do is dictate that they must join machine guilds. They won't. They'll simply shake their heads, and leave.

If you make an 31337 game, you get 31337 players with a god complex. Maybe they're willing to pay enough in Kronos to support your salaries, but you could have so much more by giving us a server that supports casuals. Your choice.

Just think of it this way... you have Phinny/RF/LJ... this locks at PoP. What would it hurt to let Agnarr pop the Live versions of the Raids? Do you seriously think Casuals are suddenly not going to be Casual? We have jobs, lives, and kids. We'd like to play your game as it was built originally, via a TLP. Will you support us in that?
  7. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

What EQ did you play? There was always a big mix of guilds. Those that poopsocked and those that did stuff when they could.

Also everything is instanced how are people bothering you if their guild doesn't fit into your idea of how the game should be played?

Sick troll.
  8. Quill Augur

Just to elaborate on what i'm looking for here:

* You can spawn either the Easy Version(Live) or the Hard Version(MOTM), not both. They provide the same lockout.
    * All expansion unlocking must be done with the Hard Version. Live Version doesn't count.
    * No achievements are given for the Live Version.
    * No server-wide message is given for the Live Version.
    * All Live version raids have an 18-person minimum at all times. If you go below the 18, the expedition closes. This should make any '1-grouping' or '3-boxing' to either be very hard to do, or cause 12-15 extra lockouts and become untenable.
    * All non-instance mobs are the Hard Version, as they are now.
    * No extra personal keying is needed for either version.

That setup then allows for the smaller traditional guild raiding for casuals, while everything else remains as currently built, if you want more of a challenge. And none of it is particularly difficult development-wise.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

There was once upon a time hard versions of raids and the normal versions of raids. They dropped different loot based on which one you did. They stopped doing those because they lacked the resources to make both versions.
  10. Random newb Augur

No more tourist guilds? They're machine guild now?

Fight for anything you want I suppose, but we (the majority of the players) think you're silly.
  11. RadarX Augur

We're going to try a little bit different of an approach since a lot of folks have returned.

There is a button below your post that says "report" which I'm going to request/encourage you to use versus responding to non-constructive posts. I've done some pretty liberal warnings in here which will start adding up to suspensions for a few of you soon. This is not how we prefer things to go so please post responsibly and within our guidelines in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.