How fast is Ragefire xp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valanie, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Gremin Augur

DHS will not be moving to either server. We are on farm mode in DoDH, and 95% of the guild wants to see beyond that with our current characters.
  2. Brolie Lorekeeper

I think Roxley is off with this one as far as what the servers are currently at as far as XP speed
    according to: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-tss-exp-boost-question.249073/#post-3662670

So currently the speeds should look like this :
    • Coirnav
    • Agnarr
    • Mangler
    • Ragefire/Lockjaw (sitting ad DoDH the second XP powerup before the modifier goes 1:1 with live. May actually be even with or faster than Sellos at the moment.)
    • Selos
    • Live EQ/Phinigel/Fippy
    • Firiona Vie (fastest)
    • Test
    The incremental powerup information comes from: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...p-bump-like-phinny.248453/page-2#post-3652159
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. jordune Augur

Farm time
  4. PwnQuest Augur

I think the point was about where the server's XP rate was at launch. Why would it matter what the XP rate of Phinny is now, years later?
    Barton likes this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

This is accurate for now, but folks above are comparing the xp rate at launch.
  6. Brolie Lorekeeper

Yeah the opening post had me confused on what he was asking. So I put it there since I took it as the OP was asking for current and people assumed he was talking launch.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

An old example...

Combat XP Phinigel - White Cons @ level 1

Pre-Patch (original phinny)
    1 Kill - 2%
    2 kill - 4%
    3 kill - 7%
    4 kill - 9%
    5 kill - 11%
    6 kill - 13%
    7 kill - 16%
    8 kill - 18%
    9 kill - 20% EVEN

Post-Patch (phinny after patch 2016)
    1 kill - 3%
    2 kill - 5%
    3 kill - 8%
    4 kill - 11%
    5 kill - 14%
    6 kill - 17%
    7 kill - 20% (Slightly less than 1 full yellow)

Agnaar Starting Exp

Level 1 Human Monk, Qeynos Hills. All white-con mobs
    1 kill - 5%
    2 kill - 10%
    3 kill - 15%
    4 kill - 21%!!!

Ragefire XP Rates

Combat XP White cons @ level 1 ( I think this was the same pre / post patch)
    1 kill - 5%
    2 kill - 10%
    3 kill - 15%
    4 kill - 19%
    5 kill - 24%
    6 kill - 29%
  8. Gana Augur

I may be misremembering (*tips cap to Roger Clemens for this word*), but wasn't xp on a mob capped at 8% at one point?
  9. PwnQuest Augur

I also remember a per mob cap back in the day, but modern EQ is vastly different from how it was then.
  10. Iyacc Augur

Q: What’s XP Like on the Agnarr Server?
    Agnarr’s experience rate will be most similar to Ragefire and Lockjaw.
    If you compare this to the Phinigel server, players will earn experience at a faster rate on Agnarr. There are no experience penalties for class, race or hell levels on the Agnarr server.

The above is a direct quote from the Agnarr release forum post.
  11. Iyacc Augur

Didn't meant to hit submit.

Somehow people on this post associate Phinigel with fast xp but my understanding is it was slower than RF/Agnarr?

The release on Mangler says slower than every other progression server. Does that mean Coirnav is an upgrade to Mangler? Either way that list that was confirmed by a dev seems way off.
  12. Stagentti Augur

Saw that too.

I think it's from the original release and someone forgot to edit that part.
    Iyacc likes this.
  13. PwnQuest Augur

Yes, Phinny XP was very slow. Agnarr's was fairly fast though not as fast as RF/LJ.
  14. Mr Nobody Elder

I don't know what they all were... but this is what they are now

The number of kills to hit level 2 on different servers. Killing level 1 mobs in Nektulos Forest.

Test - 7
    FV - 9
    Live - 14
    Ragefire - 14
    Agnarr - 20
    Coirnav - 36
  15. Trevalon Augur

Ragefire had an EXP bump in GoD to equal live levels. Mangler wont be that fast - It will be MOST like Agnarr is now but a little faster if past tests and Roxx's post is correct.
  16. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

Q: What’s the XP rate on Mangler?

Earning experience on the Mangler server will be faster than original EverQuest at launch, but slower than every other progression server.

faq says it will be the slowest.
  17. Trevalon Augur

This is the old FAQ and doesnt reflect the new changes announced today - the new changes said it will be the same EXP as Ragefire and Lockjaw were at launch.
  18. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

So then Ragefire only had one massive XP bump and that was it? I know with Phinny and Coirnav they did GoD -> DODH -> TSS = Live and I'm trying to figure out how they'll be handling it with these new servers.
  19. Trevalon Augur

I believe so, because when the GoD bump hit RF/LJ it would have put them at live levels and there is no where to go from there.

I am not 100% certain because I stopped playing on LJ a long time ago but it is my understanding that the EXP boosts will boost a server until it reaches live levels of EXP then it stops. So Ragefire needed 1 boost to get there where Phinny needed 3 boosts to get there (which ti is now)

What is more interesting is now there will be ANOTHER level of EXP (Selo's EXP). So the question is, when Mangler hits GoD will it be bumped to Selo's level then again bumped to Live in DODH or will GoD move it to Live levels?

Will be interesting to see
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  20. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Awesome! If that's the case then that should make leveling a berserker a cake walk. Much appreciated!