How exactly does the queue system work?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Puddles, May 24, 2015.

1. Puddles New Member

First time using the queue system, and couldn't find an answer for exactly how it works at a player's perspective.

I select the server; click play; and a popup message appears explaining that I am being placed in queue. Should I leave the popup alone, or click 'Okay' to dismiss the popup? Does it matter?

Thank you.
  2. Nolrog Augur

Some details here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...eue-system-is-live.222048/page-2#post-3236659

Basically, when you click play EQ and the server is full, it puts you in the line of people waiting to log in. When a spot on the server opens, whoever is first in line gets in and everyone else moves up a spot. People either log off to go do other things or are AFK for too long (exactly how long I haven't seen) and get booted by the AFK check code and then someone else logs in.
  3. Mardy Augur

You click Ok on the popup, then just leave it sit there on the server screen. The system will log you in automatically, no prompts, nothing, it'll just log you in to char selection screen when it's your turn.

So what you can do is click to join Ragefire, you get the popup, so you click Ok. At which point you're queued. You can then alt-tab to do other things or leave it. Turn your sound up, because once you starts logging in you can hear the music. This frees you up to do other stuff while waiting in queue. You don't have to watch it.
  4. Puddles New Member

I understand that portion; I was more looking for exact protocol for the queue. The popup message appears; does it matter if I leave that up; or is it required to click 'Okay' on the popup itself to dismiss it and be initiated in the queue and wait at the server select?

*sorry; late to second reply. Cheers to both of you
  5. Regnon Journeyman

The problem is with people using macro's that will move them automatically every 5 mins so they NEVER afk out...
  6. Nolrog Augur

Oh, yeah, it just leaves you there at server select but you are in the queue. I'm in the chat room right now and that still has me in the queue (some of this is detailed in the Roshan's post on the queue system, which I linked in case you didn't see it yet.)
  7. Puddles New Member

Thanks a lot Nolrog; got in a few minutes ago. Chat might tamper with the queue; cheers again guys and gals.

I should have read the link you provided :p