How does a player like me raid?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by trevock, Jul 17, 2015.

1. trevock Augur

I don't consider myself a casual, but I also don't consider me hardcore either. Somewhere in the middle of the pack? I play weeknights from 6pm - 2am usually, and most of the day Saturdays and Sundays. I'm a pretty competent player, know how to listen to instructions, not perform like an idiot and generally can dualbox and multitask pretty well in tough situations. I'm pretty "raid aware" I guess if that's a term?

I don't have "hard facts" or numbers, but aren't all of the raid areas such as all the Planes, Naggy lair, Perma, CT all pretty much locked down (atleast on Ragefire) by TL, Apok, RoI, and RoE?

So if I have a Mage, Druid, and a Cleric all in their low 40's and I get them to 50, will I have a chance to raid with a different guild? Or is my only chance to join one of the above guilds which are probably full and aren't accepting new members?

Can someone explain if I would have a chance at seeing some raid content?

Would I have a shot at getting in any of those above guilds? I'm not looking to start any arguments. I'm genuinely asking.
  2. Korillo Augur

Perhaps you should talk to the leaders/officers of various guilds on the server to see what content they are doing and whether or not they would be willing to accept you into their guild, rather than pose the question on the public forums. You'll likely get a much better response then what you are about to get here.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Sinestre Journeyman

Your best bet is just going to be talking to the recruiters or leaders of these guilds. 6pm-2am is a pretty large spread and right during prime time. Why would you think you wouldn't have a chance to raid? The planes are jostled around by pretty much all the guilds, anyone who can get there when the planes fully respawn. I'd say you might be able to join any of the guilds you mentioned around level 46. Nothing about your post screams "I'm not raid reliable" so why do you think you are?
  4. Numiko Augur

Best bet would be joining one of the existing guilds, a new start up guild is going to have trouble breaking in unless its a large splinter group from one of the older guilds.

Guilds will always be recruiting if they are smart, there are always players leaving, cutting back, getting burned out .. getting suspended :p .. the need for fresh blood is always there.

Also what time zone would be important too, 6 pm to 2 am London Time is quiet different from 6 pm to 2 am Melbourne time.
  5. Risiko Augur

As far as I know, Reign of Eternity is still accepting new members. Your play times sound perfect for RoE.
  6. Flandersian Augur

You are more than qualified to "raid". If you don't like any of the current raiding guilds, you'll have to wait a couple expansions as "casual raiding" guilds become a thing when there is actually enough content to go around.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Snar Lorekeeper

We have quite a bit of members in Apok with a similair schedule I would agree the majority above me that your schedule would be a very healthy raid attendance.
  8. kraggnar Elder

Actually what we did years ago on Fierona Vie was we formed Planar Campaign. We raided together from different smaller guilds. We eventually caught up to FNF. We had a password protected channel, a web site and DKP website.

There is absolutely no reason this couldn't be done again.
  9. taliefer Augur

No reason you can't attempt to raid. Join a guild, see if the raiding environment is for you. I have a very similar playtime, I just don't like the current raid environment
    Elkay, Rhiyannon and Numiko like this.
  10. Zublak Augur

People have already said, your schedule is beyond good enough to raid. Most guilds are continuously recruiting. I can't speak for how they recruit however, just hearsay. I know False Prophecy has been spamming recruit binds, RoE seems to always be looking, Ceaseless most likely, Continuom(sp?), Darkest Silver, I think RoI is still recruiting. But yeah, you just need to visit with officers of these guilds, find out which one works best for you and then move forward.
  11. trevock Augur

I appreciate all the responses, thanks guys.
    Sinestre likes this.
  12. Kegwell Lurker since '99

How do you raid?
    Download the unmentioned 3rd party software that gives you a map with future spawn times, join the griefers, sit back and profit.
    Come to the boards and defend anything that gives you the advantage to continue your griefing ways.
  13. Zapsos Augur

/facepalm
  14. trevock Augur

I don't want to do that.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Kegwell Lurker since '99

That's the only "strategy" to get "achievements".
    Otherwise, be content to be "casual".
  16. Numiko Augur

Don't worry 99% of people in raid guilds don't want to either.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

Check out http://www.eternityforums.com/

Reign of Eternity is a great group of players, and we have a lot of fun raiding. No poop socking, calls in the middle of the night or any of that stuff. You would fit right in with your schedule.
  18. Druz Augur

No, you will not be getting to raid iconic classic mobs without joining TL (or to a smaller degree Apok, they seem to have something worked out with TL to get the "Innoruuk scraps"). RoI, RoE, and Ubiq do trash mobs, minis, and Sky.

You would have a shot at joining any of these guilds, the problem is because the content is so limited they are forced to "poopsock" (I hate the term, but it is well known) with each other and kill the content the second it spawns or forfeit the chance at getting it. Because of this you'd only get to see these mobs if they spawn in your playing window. It sure as hell isn't classic, the big scary dragons and gods don't live long because there is always a box army ready to go.

It's a sad state of affairs and we're not getting any sort of reassurance of a fix coming. The brightside is Ragefire is scheduled to move ahead quickly, so maybe some "One expansion behind" guilds will be forming and you can just always raid yesterdays news while the box armies gobble up only the freshest content.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Naelbis Elder

Go to the guild recruitment forum and check out what guilds are recruiting. I know RoE, RoI and Ageless Ascension (just to name a few) are all recruiting.
  20. Horyuken Augur

It's a sad state of affairs and we're not getting any sort of reassurance of a fix coming. The brightside is Ragefire is scheduled to move ahead quickly, so maybe some "One expansion behind" guilds will be forming and you can just always raid yesterdays news while the box armies gobble up only the freshest content.

That's funny because you are raiding content 21 expansions old...its anything but current.