How does 30 day monthly payment equal 27 days? i need a math lesson

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fuzzbuttle, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

:p ok so i just noticed on my in game equipment window that i was credited with 27 days of all access remaining? just me or anyone else had this problem recently? i never even look at it but once a month around the time i know it's due i mean no biggie it's an auto deduct from my banking account but. if i got whizzed out of 3 days? well then hey! i want those 3 days back... it's not much i know but 1st time i have ever noticed this. that's all thanks! /end rant
    Rivitt likes this.
  2. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Probably a bug in their billing system. Have you tried putting in a support ticket? Yeah, yeah. I know. Their support system sucks, but it's a worth a try. :)
  3. Rivitt Elder

I've seen it too.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

Just a theory but it is feb and they may only give you 28 days this month which would show as 27 almost immediately because 28 (the days feb has) minus a second would display as 27 in your inv window.

Now you may ask "But that doesn't make sense Almar, how come on months with 31 days we don't get 31"? Idk, maybe cause it would cost them money not save them money? Don't ask me!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Aghinem Augur

You pay by the month, not by the day. Some months are 30 days, others are 31, February happens to be a 28 day month save for leap year.
  6. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Don't quote me on this, but when they were first introduced subscription through cc/game cards/krono gave different times assigned. Subscription paid through CC use "month" as the amount of time you are paying (as they are billed on the same day each month), while subscriptions through game cards/krono have "30 days" as the amount of time they give you.

When they started reshufling stuff, some monthly subscriptions got changed to "X days" subs, but i guess some older recurring ones might still be marked as "month" instead.

Or maybe i am just pulling stuff outta my ...
  7. Aghinem Augur

Nah - I don't think you're pulling anything out of your butt; I mean you gave a pretty valid response - and in my opinion, a response that I don't think this thread deserves because this topic really boils down to a nickle & dime mentality. The OP thinks they are getting ripped off a couple days subscription without giving thought there are 7 other months in the year that have 31 days. 4 months that are 30 days, and February the 28/29 day bastard child. :D
  8. svann Augur

I think you do get 31 days in months with 31 days. Dont they charge you on the same date every month? I havent checked but I would think so. If they say its by the month but every month it is charged a day sooner I would think that would be illegal, and Id think someone would have class-actioned them by now. 16 years x 12 months x 150k subs x 1 cheated day per = lawyer interest.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Ghostinthemachine Elder

new common core math 30 days really means 27......dont forget to take into account that the 30 days dont stop when the servers are down......
  10. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

Ok, no I am not trying to Nickle and dime.
    my understanding was that 14.99 per month for all access meant 30 days period in general.... I care not to the fact that some months do have less days than others. but I admit that yes I posted before thinking about that fact of 28 days in feb.

so yea guess i'm the jerk lol oh well considering the servers seem to have a mind of it's own I know i'm not the only one loosing time as of late!

it's ok Daybreak just shut up and keep taking my money <3 youse guys thanks all for the helpful input!
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think your initial assumption was bad especially since krono and game cards do 30 days. It's the forums if someone wasn't being jumped on it would be the seventh sign of apocalypse.