How do you log into two accounts on one pc?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I'm clicking 'shortcut launchpad.exe ' on my desktop.
    I can get in on one account, but if I did anything before trying (surf the web ect) I can not get in on another account. It hangs on server selections screen which is the first full screen that stats 'EverQuest' top left corner.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I have mine as a shortcut on the taskbar, but I would think it would be the same. I launch one and get past server select, then launch the other from the same shortcut. Tho I have to close the patcher in between, because it won't let me change accounts without doing so. I've never gotten hung up like you describe, tho.
  3. Vivi tof the Slack New Member

Open your EQ directory and find EQGame.exe, right click and send a shortcut to your desktop.

Right click the desktop shortcut and open properties. Under the 'Shortcut' Tab in the properties window add a space and the word patchme to the Target bar.

It should read something similar to "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme including the quotations around the directory location.

This bypasses the launcher and takes you to the in game log in menu where you can type any username/password you have and log in to as many accounts simultaneously as you want.
  4. Grubermeister New Member

Open the launcher, click 'Play' then switch the account via the drop down menu at the top. Click 'Play' for that account and you should now have 2 EQ game windows open
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

This is exactly what I'm doing. The trouble is, (system is 8gb ram), Google Chrome. For some reason, If I am looking up (I JUST did this while on one account) "Everquest The Bone Rod" and went to allakhazam to see the quest. I closed chrome and clicked the launcher and did as you said. When the first full screen window opens "Server select screen" the top left corner says EverQuest... it hangs, it is black.

For some reason, I have to let Chrome completely forget it is connected to the PC after it is closed.. in order for me to start the second account.
    Even now, I will have to wait while closing this Chrome 'everquest forums ' window. and wait.

It is something to do with Chrome. I didn't have this issue before about 2 weeks ago. I am up to date on Google Chrome.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Chrome is known to be fairly RAM hungry, I would first make sure you are using an adblocker if browsing allakhazam without a ZAM subscription as their adverts can be problematic on less powerful systems, and use as few tabs as possible.

Can also try using another browser such as Edge or Opera those two from my experience are better for smaller RAM systems and you can if you have a bit of knowledge about background applications try switching some off from task manager to spare some RAM & CPU cycles, along with any programs minimised in the hide icons pop up menu on your task bar that you aren't using.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. IncubusDD New Member

The game take a considerable amount of ram to play it ( approx 1.5G for just working set ) on top of a decent thread count(avg 23 thread). Two boxing on a system with that limited of resources is asking for trouble. In addition to that, make sure that each instance is on its own CPU cores.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Thank you for all the input!

What I have noticed is, one instance of eqgame.exe is using all cores, the new attempt uses 1. 8 core CPU. I put the running eqgame.exe on 4 and when ' EverQuest' window fails to show Server Status, and is just blank, I try to CTRL + ALT + DEL to start Task Manager and set affinity to another 4 (different then the first ones).
    I just tried to get into the other account now while typing this out. It shows 1 core. It 'not responding' . So I try again... it changes to core 5, not responding, again core 6 not responding. again.. I check, i try to set affinity to all cores.. still moved a core, to core 7.. But this time, I hit window key and tab to flip windows in a 3d view. It worked.
    I have 4 allakhazam's open. I have clicked the icon on allakhazam web address and blocked all cookies accept allakhazams and reloaded all pages. I have 2 raidloot open, I have google search open.. I have 3 eq forums open. 10 tabs open and I was finally able to get in. It is something to do with cores.. and time. The time it took me to fart around with trying to ctrl alt del to get to the cores, because the window is not responsive to move or minimize. (which is another question.. recently you can ALT TAB from EQ to YouTube for example.. its buggy as well. I can't just alt tab and chose that web page, I have to minimize the game window to task bar so i see the web page then open the game windows again ) .

I honestly think its a memory setting the game is not remembering right away, I might just have to close the game and re open with all cores checked then go to web sites, then close everything down so the 'master file ' remembers my settings ? I don't know why the game is not remembering to use core 1234 one one eqgame.exe and core 5678 on another.. or all cores. One core started this session so ./shrug.

All drivers up to date as far as my GTX card can get, it is not a newer type of card so no more drivers are out.

EDIT: FYI I'm at 4gb RAM used now with 10 pages open, two games running. I just clicked all cores on both, core 2,4,6,8 seem to not be doing much while 1,3,5,7 is higher 60%
    Both toons spinning in circles.(active)