How do I play the test server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bob_KY, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Bob_KY Journeyman

Was wondering how to play the test server. I found an old thread that said to use TestEverquest.exe and copy your folder to a new one. But cannot find that file in my eq folder.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Look at the launcher window. There should be a gear icon; click that, and you can select the Test vs Live option.
  3. Fendy Augur

[IMG]
    Click the word Live here (1)
    Then click the word Live here (2)
    a drop down gives you the choice between Live and Test
  4. Bob_KY Journeyman

Thanks so much
  5. Bob_KY Journeyman

Extremely helpful. thanks
  6. Anhari Augur

If you want to play both Test and Live I'd suggest you create two directories and keep them separate. Just make sure you patch both on a regular basis.

One of the advantages of playing on test is the ability to copy gear from the live servers. Just don't copy over your test toon from live or you will overwrite it. This copy is useful to take gear that you can't get very easy on Test due to the low population.
  7. Bob_KY Journeyman

Ok now how do I copy my gear over? can I copy my toon over as well and still have him on the original server?
  8. Lisandra Augur

/testcopy & wait for the red success message & it will copy over exactly as it is when you do the command including gear & everything in the bank except in the shared bank. If you have a house with stuff in it you'll want to get a crate & pack it & put it in your inventory if you want to copy that as well.

Copying will not alter the Live version of your character in any way nor will anything you do on Test.
  9. Fendy Augur

Log in to the character you want to copy. Type /testcopy and you're done. irrc
  10. Anhari Augur

You can /testcopy each toon once every 8 hours. As stated before, this is a great way to copy gear that is tradable on the normal servers (i.e just because you can trade it on FV doesn't mean you can trade it on test.) I do use this to copy over tradeskill items that I can buy on the Live servers, that aren't available on test or are just way overpriced due to the rarity.
    Aanuvane and Bob_KY like this.
  11. Neealana New Member

Can I delete my character on the Test Server, then copy it again at a later date?
  12. Borek-VS Augur

Yes.
    Neealana likes this.