How do i know ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NinjutsuMMO, Apr 23, 2024.

1. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I was curious if i could play new tlp's and Xfer to Agnarr in pop or ldon, i asked on the forums and no Dev replied.
    I asked in a petition and was told by GM Doex he wasn't sure and told me to ask on the forums on the off chance a Dev may tell me.
    Is this standard practice not to know what servers i can transfer to and from ? Do they want me to have to buy a transfer token just to see if its a option and lose my money if its not available ?

I want to play TLP's and move my characters to Agnarr in POP or LDON.
    If i cant then why not ?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your last line is why they cannot answer 100% every question.

It just leads to more and more questions like a kid asking mom and dad why the sky is blue. And your asking them to predict something that might happen in the future.

In addition, many times the rules or guidelines change so in this case if they told you no and then in 6 months decided to allow the request then you would throw a fit, file a petition and generally make life unpleasant for CS

This is all anyone can tell you right now:

As of this writing:
    • Antonius Bayle may transfer to: Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Bertoxxulous may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Bristlebane may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Cazic Thule may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Drinal may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Erollisi Marr may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Firiona Vie may transfer to: No Transfer Allowed
    • Luclin may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Povar may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • The Rathe may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Tunare may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Xegony may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Vox, Zek
    • Zek may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox
    • Vox may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Zek
    • Ragefire may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Phinigel may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Agnarr may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek, Phinigel
    • Coirnav may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek, Phinigel
    • Mangler may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek, Phinigel, Selo
    • Selo may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Rizlona may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek
    • Aradune may transfer to: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony, Vox, Zek, Phinigel, Mangler, Selo, Rizlona
    • Mischief may transfer to: Thornblade, Firiona Vie
    • Thornblade may transfer to: Mischief, Firiona Vie
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...ind-EverQuest-character-transfer-instructions

As you can see the new servers are not listed yet so when they decide then they will update the list.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. NinjutsuMMO Augur

ok so, i want to play on teek and xfer to agnarr in POP or LDoN, when will i find out if this is possible ?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When they tell us.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

6. Soulbanshee Augur

FV is free trade, Teek is free trade, Mischief/Thornblade are free trade, Agnarr is not free trade. Almost certain if transfers are turned on it will only be to FV, and maybe to Mischief/Thornblade. They do not let characters from less restrictive servers move to more restrictive servers. If you start on Teek, plan to be stuck there.

Firiona Vie may transfer to: No Transfer Allowed
    Mischief may transfer to: Thornblade, Firiona Vie
    Thornblade may transfer to: Mischief, Firiona Vie
    Raccoo, Barton-Vox, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  7. Monkeychunks Augur

Are we there yet? ;)
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Don't make me come back there!
    CatsPaws and Flatchy like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

27 days!
  10. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

The general rule is you can move from a more restrictive server to a less restrictive one barring other factors the inverse of this rule usually applies as well you may not generally move from a less restrictive server to a more restrictive one.
    Code:
    There is a general rule you can derive from this: a server with more restrictions can move to a server with less restrictions
    that has the same or more expansions unlocked.
    IIRC they have not allowed transfer to Agnarr from any TLP.
    The odds of this changing are not likely, I would not count on being able to transfer any character from a new TLP to Agnarr.
    Gluck
    Raccoo likes this.
  11. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Thanks for the reply.
    I personally don't see any issues with allowing people to transfer to Agnarr, i don't care if people come from a TLP with a XP bonus, or turebox or random loot.

They were going to make a Agnarr 2.0 once and cancelled it after announcing it because a lot of people were complaining, i feel like allowing people to Transfer to Agnarr allows those people interested in PoP era or those that join new TLP's yearly to play the new TLPs and jump off when in pop or LDoN and lock their characters.

the Devs have made a lot of horrible decisions lately so it doesn't surprise me they haven't allowed transfers to Agnarr.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

The transfer rules/restrictions need a serious revisit. Cats posted the most "current" list of transfer possibilities. This list features 3 servers that literally don't even exist anymore (Phinigel, Coirnav, Selo), and it does not include Yelinak or Oakwynd servers at all.

Ostensibly, Yelinak was at one point a "less restrictive" server than some other TLP's because Yelinak was the pioneer server for relaxed/removed truebox on a scheduled timeline. However, that doesn't explain why Yelinak players can't even transfer to live servers, and it's also a completely outdated restriction for transferring from Yelinak to servers like Mischief/Mangler/Aradune since all those servers have since removed truebox. From the Mangler perspective, we recently had a recruit that wanted to transfer his character from Yelinak, and I was left scratching my head as to why that wasn't allowed.

Oakwynd is also not listed at all, likely because it has unique rules like server bonuses, heirloom loot, etc. But given that Oakwynd is all the way back in LDoN content, and all other existing servers are way past that era of content, allowing a character to transfer from Oakwynd to somewhere else would cause no issues.

Also, Aradune and Rizlona have identical rulesets/eras now, so players should obviously be able to transfer between those two servers. Currently it only allows Aradune->Rizlona, but not the inverse.

I brought up a bunch of these inconsistencies to Angeliana several months ago, but no updates to the server transfer page yet.