How do I get my partner's account back?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezzum, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Mezzum New Member

Every time I attempt to reset my now deceased's partner's password I get the error "Sorry, a system error has occurred while processing your request". Can you please fix this? I'm attempting to log in my partner's account and fix stuff since he died 17 months ago. I can't believe I just get errors when I have access to his computer, his Everquest accounts (and everything else) and his email account.
    Kelly - his partner of 23 years until he died. Also known as Sadenux and Faeinux on The Rathe in Terror Australis a now dead guild. Hi anybody that knew Minlatilx or I.
  2. Ceffener Augur

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You may be heading in the wrong direction. They are not going to turn the account over to you or reset the pw for you even if you have all the info.

They will only do this for the owner of the account and then they have to prove they are the owner.

You may have luck going into account recovery under the help link above as they stress they will not reset passwords.
    klanderso likes this.
  4. Toast New Member

It could be you triggered their spam protection, if you tried to request password a few times and/or multiple accounts at once. If all else fails try waiting 24+ hours to try again.
  5. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure what country you live in, but here in the USA when you go to probate court to finalize a will for the passing of a loved one, you end up getting court documents stating you are the legal owner of said person's belongings. I would hope that sending a photo copy of that document to DBG would be enough for you to recover your loved one's account.

Either way, I would contact support if I was you.

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your loss.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Ceffener Augur

The forgot my password should allow you to automatically reset the password as long as you know the security question and have access to the registered email. Long as OP has ownership of the email, credit card, and security question answer there should be no problems getting it reset.

(Based on my experience of having them reset accounts years later and not knowing the password).

If you don’t know the security answer though, it’s dead stop and they will not help you.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think they do not have access to the email. At least that is how I understood the original post. And that is why I referred them to "recover" the account which they should be able to verify with cc info and other means as opposed to just going thru help and asking them to let OP have control of the account which they are not going to do.

Either way I hope it works out for OP as this must be very stressful.
  8. Balthen Lorekeeper

I'm not a lawyer but in the same way you cannot sell your characters I do not think you could transfer them thru probate. Over they years they have been very clear, your money allows you access to their servers, all the characters in fact everything on them belongs to them(tm).
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Risiko Augur

I was just trying to say that this person could use the probate documents as proof that he is not just someone trying to steal the account. Whether he has legal rights to it or not is a whole separate thing.
  10. Ceffener Augur

They could always pull:

“You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account. ”

(Ignoring the same EULA allows minors to have accounts with “permission”, so who owns the account?).

But with the information stated by the OP, it just sounds like the reset system was/is down for some reason. Shouldn’t be a problem getting access.
  11. Phiyre Augur

A friend dealt w/ this issue on WoW. After finally sending proof she was the beneficiary (court docs), providing the obituary etc, they gave her her deceased husbands info. Finally, she was able to cancel the auto renew membership.. :/
  12. Biliy New Member

Super sorry to hear about your loss. Condolences from all that knew Sadenux i am sure.
    Biliy (probably known as Horix on Rathe)
    ex Officer TA
  13. Lubianx Augur

Very sad news indeed.
    My condolences as well
    Also ex Officer TA