How about this

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Randomgamer Journeyman

Instead of Agnarr how about a TLP that starts in classic and progresses thru to OoW. 12-16 week unlocks with ragefire/lockjaw xp. Once in OoW maybe have 16-20 weeks at the end of which the server resets and starts again. Also make it so people can have a free server transfer off to any live server for all their characters and maybe throw in free heroic for those characters too (on w/e live server). Server transfers could open up after classic.

The thinking for this is:
    1) People and guilds can keep redoing the run from classic thru OoW all they want.
    2) You can jump in anytime you want. Don't like classic jump in at Kunark ect..
    3) You can transfer to a live server whenever you want and heroic that character both for free.Many who are returning players I think will like this because it lets them get their feet wet again and lets them keep the character they have been playing. Instead of the tutorial they actually get to play in the same zones they remember with other players.
    4) I think it would be a good way to bring more people back to the game and live servers.

It seems quite a few people are torn between TLP and live when coming back.I think this is a good solution for returning players and new players that want to eventually be on a live server but are overwhelmed to start on one.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There's a free heroic character offered for live right now if you login during the anniversary.
  3. Strawberry Augur

I'm tired of all these ridiculous TLP with different mechanics and rulesets.

I'd be happy with a normal TLP server like phinny but with normal XP.

I don't get what the point is of these idiotic servers that lock in PoP, or TLP with horrendous XP or requests for a FV TLP. It's a circus, I stopped caring, I don't play EQ to be part of a new experimental server every few months, that always ends up going nowhere.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

I think we should have a server where the expansion changes everyday. It launches day 1 in classic, but everyday there's a 10% chance it could flip over to one of the following 2 expansions (ie, in classic it could potentially become Kunark or Velious for a day). It then has a 50% chance to revert back to classic, and the 10% chance comes back again.

Same 12 week unlocks, and in Kunark it could randomly open Velious or Luclin for a day, etc etc. Amazing right? RIGHT??
  5. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Lol? Every real TLP launch has been successful. Was Phinny not successful? Instancing started as a request on these very forums, and it is now the most successful TLP to date. And there is a huge interest in Agnarr...it will be successful. Although we haven't seen a FV ruleset TLP, there's been enough support on the forums here for me to believe that it would also be successful.

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean plenty of others don't.

So tell me again where all these servers are at that "always end up going nowhere"? If you're referring to Quarm, it was an event server meant to be temporary. It came and went. I just fail to see the logic in any of your points. You bash people for coming up with "idiotic servers", yet many people want to play on them.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Depends on what we are calling a success.
    Every launch may have been a busy but the Ragefire launch was a cluster coitus also one cant say with the fast fall off of players over the first few weeks on basically all the new TLPs that the idea could not use some work.

For one starting in Classic, why is that sacrosanct?
    From players chats and forums it seems to be wearing out. Folks used to excited about Classic again but not seeing a lot of that this time and for good reason been there done that recently.

The idea of not depending on the Classic zones with a later xpak launch would brighten my day.
    Yes I know we can wait a few months but that loses the initial rush where plans are made guilds formed and that can be worth not missing. But ugg Classic...again... and again ... and again...

Want to see them run this into the ground until one fails at launch though how would that even be determined? No one shows up?
    I think that some imagination would be good for the game. Just a little
  7. Felicite Augur

I thought this was how Phinigel was setup. I don't play there, but I see these all the threads about expansions opening and closing all the time.
    PathToEternity and AgentofChange like this.
  8. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Need 12 weeks of classic so people can gather the classic raid drops for their epics.

If you miss the boat on those a lot of times you won't be able to get your epic done.

The only reason why I'm so excited about this new server, ready to roll necro and get me an epic.
  9. snailish Augur

The OP is sort of combining a few different ideas. I think Agnarr is fine as proposed, but there will be progression servers down the line after it.

-The wiping/restart concept has already been covered by Quarm, we just need to see the next event and let that settle in as part of the EQ offerings. How is Brekt going? Not sure that many people are using the FV loot code not on FV server but we need more events to dump characters there to see I suppose.

-A "ladder" concept where you can get off a locked server might make sense. LDoN has been picked as the first lock. Down the line maybe we get an OoW locked server that Agnarr players can move to on the ladder. If a Velious locked server was added, players there could be allowed to move onto Agnarr.

They could also just "mirror" Agnarr 5 months into the LDoN lock and let copy one play until OoW... even mirror again...

-If what you really want is a leveling path server for live servers that is busy at low levels... then a tutorial server might make more sense... So a series of zones like Gloomingdeep for there intent, but bracketed for a level range and accessed across servers with no trading in the zones. A busy hotzone instance to go level and kill in. I'd lean towards just perma-hotzoning TSS though.

Might get more bang for the buck making 51/50 a character creation option on any sub account too.

I'd personally pay for an "apprentice heroic" character that had level 65 and AA... as long as it was significantly cheaper than the 85 heroic. Having said that... I'd also use a level 20 character creation too...
  10. Rhodz Augur

That would be an issue but none of those drops disappear in PoP, they are still there and enough will want epics that the raids will occur even if no other reason exists to do them which is really not the case.

What you are pointing out is the reason to get in at the beginning instead of waiting for a later xpak to drop.
  11. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Has anybody not made a suggestion for their own personal TLP yet?