How about some old school GM events on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by baider, Sep 10, 2016.

1. baider Elder

I feel like this is one thing that is lacking big time from TLP servers and reliving the nostalgia of the past. One of the very epic memories and most exciting memories of playing EQ in the early years was some of the GM events that would go on. I think it would be neat to possibly bring back or attempt to recreate some of the old GM events or possibly make some new ones on the TLP servers. I know people get tired of the day to day grind on here specially when they cap out and have been raiding the same stuff day in and day out.
  2. Srslynotimpressed Journeyman

Would it be awesome ? For sure. Do they have the resources to pull stuff like this off with their skeleton crew ? Not sure. While it would be welcome from I'm sure just about everyone, if it's between that and taking the time to improve upon things that need fixing...please fix.
  3. Moggman Elder

even if we cant get the really good multi hour legitimate GM events, how about the even mini events like on live server that i've done prolly atleast 3 or 4 times on tunare server about prior to phinny being created on tunare server

GM shows up in pok (make it EC or nexus in luclin) GM RP's he needs random 3 items from various places sits there for 2 hrs and gives out some ornaments some illusion potions and some stat food/drink

would still be kinda rewarding
  4. Constellation Augur

This would be fun! I was just thinking about this with Halloween approaching.
  5. Gremin Augur

Would love for it to happen, but it wont.
  6. Yanster Augur

Let us buy more 40 slot bag . Might pay for 1 more GM :)
    Adonhiram likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

If you think those bag sale dollars would be used to pay for additional EQ support staff, I have a bridge to sell you also.
    Srslynotimpressed likes this.
  8. Zardnok New Member

I was discussing with a buddy the other day some of the "Fun stuff" my guild used to do back in the day. Naked Gnome races where everyone created lvl 1 gnomes and then raced across the world. I was considering trying something like that on Lockjaw and offering Plat prizes. Maybe if I get enough response, could do a Krono for the winner or something stupid. Would players care enough to create a lvl 1 and try it? I know there was something similar back during the anniversary, but I was too busy leveling my characters to try it out. I know the finish line was in Unrest basement, which I thought was a tad extreme. I am thinking something more like Akanon to Rivervale with required stops along the way to Hail someone and drink some form of beverage.

We also did beauty pageants back in the day in EC tunnel. Fifteen years later and I still remember this level 15 high-elf paladin that won the first Miss Norrath pageant we did. She told a story of how her parents were killed by orcs and she had dedicated herself to seeking out revenge. She had a sexy set of banded armor as well and a certain panache. Sure it was role-play and likely some guy named Bob from the 'burbs, but it was fun asking contestants questions and hearing the different creative ways they answered. I think we did 20K plat total for that one and a bunch of give away gear. I know the pally chick got 10k and a set of Crafted Plate armor and I think 2nd got 5k plat and a sword or something. I could probably come up with some plat or give away items if folks are interested in something similar.

I am just looking for anything to mix it up and make things entertaining.

Zardnok
    Old School Cleric

PS I would definitely buy more 40-slot bags if I could!