Housing?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Eindyina2, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Eindyina2 Journeyman

I never knew there was such a thing. I was wandering around and happened to zone into a neighborhood. Totally confusing. Is there anywhere to read up on this subject? BTW Guild halls sure have changed! I just visited my guild's hall for the 1st time last night and I was stunned! Used to be just a big room with a pool to refresh your mana and hp's. Not anymore!
  2. Nymera Nightshade New Member

Housing has been around EQ for about 10 years. There are some good guides you can find with a quick search on the internet and even Youtube videos. A lot of houses are open to explore for ideas.

You can buy plots, houses, etc a few different ways. and you can customize those. A lot of items in game are able to be put into housing and there are some cool items on the marketplace, too.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Don't be afraid to use the in-game tutorial quests. They are actually pretty good as a start.

In any neighborhood near the first round building, the NPC Christine can give you a rundown on the basics of housing (in the Guild Lobby, you can get a quest from Annabelle near the neighborhood door which tells you to talk to Christine and you get a free house).

In the Guild Lobby, Kesiri Dawnlark has a tutorial quest for the guild hall (she's in the hall near the PoK door)...reward is an aug.

In PoK, there are other tutorial quest givers that I'd recommend to do if you've been away awhile (I'd also recommend rolling a new toon and going through the tutorial if you need a refresher ... it's pretty good).
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I second the comment on the in game tutorial.

Alternatively, there is a write up for Player Housing on allakhazam.
  5. Eindyina2 Journeyman

Thanks for the information! I appreciate the responses :)
    Nymera Nightshade likes this.
  6. Lambro Lorekeeper

Was about to post about this same thing lol.

I love how they have implemented housing in EQ.

I'm trying to find a list of ALL available houses... is 3 rooms as big as they get? Can you get nicer houses from say quest rewards or rare mob spawns/drops, raids, or achievements? Or are all the houses that are in game on the vendor or cash shop?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In Sunrise Hills the housing vendors that sell houses are:
    Indy - one rooms
    Ragthar - three rooms

Then in the Marketplace you can purchase with DBC some houses for a couple bucks that say they have no upkeep

Special houses only from collectors editions of expansions are:
    Evantil's Abode. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106374
    The Wayward Lady and
    Hermit's Hideaway and Hive of the Bixie http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113379

The only way to get Evantil (2 rooms) or Wayward (kinda large open spaces you can make into rooms) or Bixie is if they offer the collectable editions in market place like they recently did with VOA that was so overpriced. Or if you had bought the collectors editions when they first came out and have them in /claim.

Hermits will still pop up now and again from the random LON packs sold in marketplace which is turn makes them saleable in the baz if your lucky to find someone selling them. These are a 1 room with a loft.

The best houses to get are the ones from either Loyalty Vendor. They cost 432 loyalty points an are all 3 rooms. When you place them they will be rent free. But you still have to pay plot rent.

The little house you get thru the tutorial does charge rent and is one of the few that will only allow you to pay with plat.

The rest of the houses are available to buy from vendors in Sunrise Hills. Indy sells one room houses and Ragthar sells 3 room houses. These houses will charge you rent in addition to the plot rent.

Houses and plot rent can be payed with many of the alternate currency's you have already or you can buy bags of dubloons, chronobines etc from the loyalty vendor pretty cheap and pay for your upkeep that way.

All plots charge rent. Exception are those 4 special houses listed above that become plot and rent free when placed. They might show the rent but it will never be charged.

So that's about it for houses but you can earn or buy special items to create unique houses. Like McMannus' Fishing Hut is a reward that comes from finishing a collections ach in TWK. It give you the right to buy that off a merchant in Sunrise Hills. I have it placed in front of some of my houses kinda like a covered porch or sunroom lol.

For some cool stuff in housing make a level 1 character and go check out Drinal, Colonial Island, 106 Park Circle, owner: Zombo or search thru the forums for posts by Vlad Diszno - he has created some amazing houses. Also over at EQ Resource there was a housing forum that had super pictures of housing contests they have had in the past.
    Lambro likes this.
  8. Lambro Lorekeeper

Wow thanks! I wish they would have kept a few more employees to really work on EQ. Like add more houses and make some raid droppable etc. But still pretty cool none the less.

What's up with the Druid/Wizard ports to Primary/Secondary anchor? Guild Hall anchor? How do those work exactly? I'm guessing you can get 2 houses and set your primary to one and secondary to the other one? Is that the gist of it?

I'm not the Guild Leader or anything.. will I still be able to port to the Guild Hall? Do I have to put my own anchor in the Guild Hall? So I would need temporary permissions?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so primary and secondary anchors- these only work on custom guild halls - if you are using the old style guild hall that you go to thru the door on the right of Magus in lobby then you cannot use any anchor for that one

They are a two piece unit. One goes in hall/plot wherever and the other piece stays in your inventory. So you click the ball thing and it will port you to the anchor looking thing

If you are a paid account you can place either anchor in the guild hall or outside on the plot -your guild leader may have a special room he wants the anchors in or they could go anywhere you want. Most leaders do give permission automatically for members.

If you are F2P you cannot place anything on guild hall or plot. Even if you are a guild member - if your F2P your out of luck.

For this reason I made a plot as close to my guild hall plot as I could get and my F2P alts put their anchors there, just stuck them on the plot - there is no house there.

The other anchor can go to a house or a plot you own. Or you can put it on someone else's plot house if they give you permissions to interact/place etc. I like to keep one near or in the guild hall and the other one back by the entrance to Sunrise Hills at an alt's house by the hut. Then you can use the spiral to jet to your own plot. Or put one on your own plot - up to you.

level 50 ish? I don't remember just that I was ticked my Wiz was too low to use it when he first got it lol Druid or Wizard can use this spell to teleport their group to the Druid/Wizard's Neighborhood Guild Hall if they have placed a Guild Hall Anchor there. But they can do other anchor ports to - read here:
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Anchors