Housing - Need new items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spiritwarrior, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

Devs could we please get a new vendor in the housing that sells place settings and placeable food items other than beer glasses and wine for the guild hall and houses.
    I am especially interested in items that can be used during holiday times, Thanksgiving (autumnal), Frostfell, Erollisi, Brew and Bristlebane Days.
    aariell_xev likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many players don't realize how much stuff is offered intermittently in the marketplace. It may already be in the game, just not year round.

But for year round we do have the loyalty vendors that have strings of lights and decorated trees etc

Soon is Thanksgiving so watch in the marketplace for "Compressed banquet sets" - those have place settings in them. I got some pumpkins during Halloween, and there are many quest items that are placeable.

There is quite a bit of other items offered - loaf of bread, etc right now in Sunrise Hills

One of the npc in sunrise hills will only let you see his items if you have done a certain amount of progressions and I am pretty sure he has fancy serving platters and plain serving platters
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Collection quests for three expansions have house item rewards: Rain of Fear (need to complete ALL collections for the house item rewards - 8 unique house items), Call of the Forsaken (house item rewards for each completed zone and tier, and for all - 60 unique house items), and The Darkened Sea (house item rewards for each completed zone and tier, and for all - 39 unique house items). Completing each collection also flags that character to be able to purchase additional items from the Excavator in Sunrise Hills (he will have no inventory until you complete one of the collection quests with house item rewards). A while ago I created a blog post with linked pages of screen shots: https://rijacki-game.blogspot.com/2022/07/Collection-HouseItems.html. I also have a house in a Firiona Vie neighbourhood (102 Guild Way in Cedar Country Meadows) with the items on display including the purchasable items in the last zone of TDS and a few other purchasable items. If you're on FV, I also often have a bazaar trader up with items from the collection rewards.

There are also house items that are quest rewards, dropped items, and craftables using dropped/foraged items from the zones for Veil of Alaris as well as trophies that aren't just a 'trophy' from a few expansions after House of Thule (when housing was added). Admittedly, I still have not found every available house item available in-game and there are no comprehensive websites with any or all of the available house items and placeables in EQ (or with any adequate method to search for them if you don't already know they exist). Housing was added while I was gone from the game. I returned 3 years ago and my own time/desire to do anything comprehensive waxes and wanes. I do have a house near the gate of FV's Cedar Country Meadows with all of the basic craftable items on display (i.e. fletching and jewelcrafting recipes added in HoT that use only merchant bought components), and I'm working on putting the craftable weapon ornaments and craftable placables from drops/forages on display as well as time permits (and blogging, too, as time permits).

But...

I would love to have more house items added as in-game rewards with or without a game flag to allow them to be purchased from the Excavator and/or more items added that can be purchased with Plat or other in-game coin. But, other than weapon slot items (and ornaments that can be placed on cheap low-level weapons), the only placeables that have been added to the game for a very very long time are those you need to pay DB cash to obtain: Marketplace items, heritage crates, and Expansion extras. But even counting those, the number of NEW house items added each year for EQ is less than a dozen (contrast this with EQ2 getting more than a dozen new items added each quarter for various festivals, cyclic events, expansion, etc.). I would even be thrilled with the same house items already in-game were added with only a different colour pass. For example, the Darklight Sofa, Chair, and Ottoman would look great it other colours than the only available purple or even the stone and wood items (some craftable and some purchasable from the Sunshine Hills sellers) with different colour fabrics. I would also love to have more tile options, even if they were only Marketplace sold as most are now (only tiles I know of that aren't Marketplace are in Pillars of Alar which is a bit of a PITA to get to even at 125).
  4. Warpeace Augur

Or better housing that does not eat guild halls?
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So back to OP original post - look in marketplace right now. They have released some really nice SUL furniture that has a gold look or blue (as Rija wanted) and:

A compressed banquet set which includes place settings

Or:

"Formal place settings"
  6. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

I am primarily looking for placeable food and drink items or a clicky (like the halloween candy bowl) for alcohol or drink items that can be used in the guild hall.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There are beer glasses in the collection rewards. Steins, like the craftable Opal Steins, that can be equipped in a weapon slot can be placed as mugs. There are plates, err platters, in the collection rewards, too. One of the merchants in the hut by the gate sells a meat platter or cheese or something like that, loaves of bread, too.